Primark closing?

It's not about the distance it's the time it takes when one is on a lunch break. Perhaps you don't work, so wouldn't understand?

I get your pain. I am the opposite and work near the Moor and now fear for my bank account.

Dreadful part of town. I cycle up there each afternoon, people swearing and spitting, litter and takeaway food on the floor, derelict shops.

and thats the nicer part!!!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

whether it moves or not, it will get the same sort of people

Thanks for that Mr Interesting :rolleyes:

Its quite ironic, considering the sweat shops these retailers pay peanuts to to get your bargains. The physical labour kids are under to make a pittance.

And now the store is going to be a bit of a walk away during lunch.

Has anyone informed the Workers Union?

Dreadful part of town. I cycle up there each afternoon, people swearing and spitting, litter and takeaway food on the floor, derelict shops.

You could use the same description for The Moor to be fair.

What's the character of it to do with bombing ?:huh:

The buildings put up in the 50s and 60s they were cheap, lacked character and have become shabby. It makes it dead easy to knock them down. A large number of the buildings in Castlegate are listed or are part of area of special interest, that makes it more difficult to develop.

No, not when it means it's 20 mins away from work as opposed to 2 mins and it's a shop I like

Life is so unfair! But someone else will be really pleased it's nearer them.

You could use the same description for The Moor to be fair.

Possibly, but I would far rather walk down the Moor than Waingate/Haymarket.

The Moor is an area on it's way back up to my mind, investment is going into the area. Haymarket gets worse year on year.

I think the Moor is looking much, much better now than say 10 or so years ago. Even the last 2-3 years has seen a stark change.

I don't shop much at all full stop, but for what shopping I do, I have to say that having Primark, the market, John Lewis (obv not Moor but very close) all within 5 mins of each other, plus the added bonus of a cinema I will very likely use when open (and the travel time to Cineworld/Vue is something that puts me off going to the cinema) will all probably see me on the Moor much more often.