From 2-0 Down..

top4718

Wednesday came back from three down to win against Lyon in the 60s in the Inter Cities Fairs Cup. We beat Roma 4-0 and Barcelona 2-1 at Hillsborough in the next rounds.

Wednesday played Lyon over two legs they lost the first leg 4-2 and won the second leg 5-2, the game against Barcelona that season at Hillsborough Wednesday won 3-2 and lost the next leg 2-0.

Wednesday played Lyon over two legs they lost the first leg 4-2 and won the second leg 5-2, the game against Barcelona that season at Hillsborough Wednesday won 3-2 and lost the next leg 2-0.

That's correct, the Barcelona result was 3-2.

Lyon scored first at Hillsborough so Wednesday were three down at that stage.

In a similar vein....

I can remember the 4-4 draw with Chelsea back in 1985..Wednesday were 3-0 up at HT...only for Chelsea to score 4 in the second half...it took a Mel Sterland penalty in the last minute to bring it level..

Yes I remember that one I think Sterland also won the penalty after a "foul" by Doug Rougvie. Paul Cannoville came on as a sub for Chelsea and had the game of his life.