Homeless sleepers and their tents

Yep it is...

That's why I'd rather have homeless people camped outside, I'd undoubtably have less to moan about.

I don't understand. Please explain?

These threads always descend into rows.....

I do find it hard to accept people moaning about homeless people living in tents though. And the "move em on" thing - to where?

People need to be more compassionate.

Sometimes some people can only deal with reality by being hard faced, that those who live on the street are there by choice, and somehow the homeless get used to or hardened to their situation.

I don't doubt that there are a few people out there that genuinely don't give a ****. But I think most accept that the homeless are just the same as them, who've just been dealt a bad deal and have fallen through the cracks.

Who knows what's round the corner - a rise in interest rates, another recession, bereavement or mental illness. I suspect those with a nasty attitude to those less fortunate, will be the ones least likely to cope....

As usual, the morally deficient complain about the mess and the inconvenience whilst not caring a jot about the human beings who are living like this.

Well said.

:huh:

I've no idea where they get them from but...

... I noticed in previous years Decathlon used to display their tents outside the building on the grass verge.

Not noticed it this year though.

Maybe they're afraid of squatters? :suspect:

Decathlon display their tents on the grass verge outside the shop every day, this year as well as in previous years.

As usual, the morally deficient complain about the mess and the inconvenience whilst not caring a jot about the human beings who are living like this.

I agree.

They repeated 1962's seminal 'Cathy Come Home' on TV the other night, (those old enough might remember it, those that don't might like to take a look on Youtube.)

The charity 'Shelter' was a direct result of this programme, but in spite of that, I was struck by how little things have changed, including the disgusting attitudes towards homeless people. You'd think in this day and age we'd have developed a little more compassion.

no i dont care a Jot its a lifestyle choice for the majority, take a walk into town same faces every day totally inebriated day in day out, just get them out of my sight i dont want to see them.

I'm not sure if this is a troll but can you honestly not see how a lot of people could end up with this kind of life?

How about a girl sexually abused all her life by various 'stepdads' who finally ran away from home at fourteen and drinks to forget cos it's the only way she can?

How about an ex-service person suffering PTSD given no support after leaving the forces. Having never managed to get another job, ending up on the streets and developing addictions to cope with mental illness?

How about someone who simply suffers a bad breakup? Not a lot of savings and no family/support network. Misses a few shifts at work, gets the sack. Can't afford the rent. Ends up on the streets within a month or so.

Are you seriously saying you can't empathise with any of these situations?

I'm not sure if this is a troll but can you honestly not see how a lot of people could end up with this kind of life?

How about a girl sexually abused all her life by various 'stepdads' who finally ran away from home at fourteen and drinks to forget cos it's the only way she can?

How about an ex-service person suffering PTSD given no support after leaving the forces. Having never managed to get another job, ending up on the streets and developing addictions to cope with mental illness?

How about someone who simply suffers a bad breakup? Not a lot of savings and no family/support network. Misses a few shifts at work, gets the sack. Can't afford the rent. Ends up on the streets within a month or so.

I have a strong suspicion that the poster is emotionally stunted, probably unable to feel empathy.

Well Said!! I always think "There but for the grace of god go I". They say a lot of people are only 3 pay days away from being homeless! As u say if no family or friends loose your job then your home what else can you do. Id say a lot of homeless people have mental health problems so probably feel no-one would employ them and obviously if addicted to drink/drugs not very employable.

erm nope, its a trait of the right wing of thinking, look at Trump and his total disregard for respect and empathy for that muslim soldiers parents.

But do they leave the place as they found it or trashed and littered with rubbish? I should imagine the latter in most cases.

Why would that be the fault of a charity? point is they are homeless or drug users or alcoholics or mentally ill. They would exist whether they had a tent or not. I dont believe charities are giving them away as they are quite cheap anyway. People who o to festivals often leave them behind.

Why don you contact the archer project, the salvation army or Bens centre and ask or even volunteer?

Edited by 999tigger

Well maybe if they are given out by a charity, the charity might want to go and clean up after them, their rubbish, human excrement, needles and other drug related items.

Or do you think they leave the place spotless once they leave, like happy campers?

Perhaps you should do what David Cameron has suggested and join the 'big society'. That is, if you want to see the area cleaned up; go and clean it up.