To the motorcyclist on the A57 who made the obscene gesture @ 1710

You with the orange helmet - perhaps you'd like to PM me and explain your reasons for what appeared to be an unprovoked gesture? I would have happily discussed your reasons with you in the layby, but I suspect making gestures and then riding away is more your style.

What did you do to him to cause him to gesticulate at you ?

Been on A57 and M1 today (it wasn't me by the way) but there are some dangerous, idiotic, stupid drivers on the road. Good job I've got good reflexes!

What did you do to him to cause him to gesticulate at you ?

I honestly don't know - I'll always hold my hand up if I've made a mistake, but on this occassion I am at a loss

Let's hope the motorcyclist is reading this thread...

Yes let's hope he is. It's quite possible he has a different version of events. Many drivers are completely unaware of their surroundings (not saying this about you Anvil, but we only have one side of it).

I honestly don't know - I'll always hold my hand up if I've made a mistake, but on this occassion I am at a loss

Deliberately positioning myself in the road so as to prevent motorcyclists "filtering" down the middle of the traffic is what causes them to gesticulate at me.

Deliberately positioning myself in the road so as to prevent motorcyclists "filtering" down the middle of the traffic is what causes them to gesticulate at me.

You obstruct other road users and you're proud of it. Well done. :loopy:

I'm not sure whether he does, or whether he's insinuating the OP may have done.

I certainly didn't - I was also on two wheels...(I do drive a car as well)

---------- Post added 25-07-2016 at 21:45 ----------

You obstruct other road users and you're proud of it. Well done. :loopy:

Sometimes car drivers do this to me when I'm on two wheels, but for some strange reason noone ever does it if I'm following a police motorcycle :cool:

Why would you do that?

Why would you do that?

Jealousy?

I've never understood it, I always do the opposite, and I've received a few friendly waves of thanks for it :)