South Sea - Broomhill.

Its ok but the last few times Ive been in there the staff have been really miserable! Theres even a sign up joking about how the staff arent very happy and they arent lieing!

Last time I went I ordered some drinks and before I could finish saying what else I wanted the girl just walked off and started making them. Then she came back with 2 drinks and I was about to ask for the others and she just told me the price. I told her I hadnt finished ordering and she was really snotty, huffing and puffing and just repeated the price! I just paid her and had to get someone else to get the other drinks as she was clearly not interested in getting me the others I wanted!

We're going down Broomhill tonight but dont think we'll be venturing in there coz of staff the last few times.

Its a nice little pub in a good location but in my opinion you need to sort out the staff.

Thanks for all your comments. I agree that the decor has to change and we are loolking at introducing traditional beers. Food will be decently priced and available all day. The comments about the staff are interesting. In fairness to them I think a lot of their attitude is down to lack of leadership and training. For a long time the pub has had no support from their company and it doesnt take long for apathy to seep in but there is no excuse for rudeness. I will address this.

Hi,

Regarding staff you're exactly right mate - good leadership and top-down training should work.

I remember the York in its time as O'Neills with Dennis running the pub, he got a good deputy (Angela) and the staff were always on the ball.....and that makes a big difference to the customer's experience.

Good luck....maybe you could open with a SF meet? :)

Ade

once again, thanks for your comments. Yes, a SF meeting on opening night would be great. I think with strong leadership and impeccable standards the rogue element will stay away. Looking at the level of trade at the moment I don't think any one is frequenting the building. Lets hope we can change all that.

i know that historically some of the uni sports team have sought (and gained) sponsorship from the South Seas to drink there and patronise it, so that may be a way to boost your revenues if it fits with your plans (guaranteed drinkers wed's and sat's)

once again, thanks for your comments. Yes, a SF meeting on opening night would be great. I think with strong leadership and impeccable standards the rogue element will stay away. Looking at the level of trade at the moment I don't think any one is frequenting the building. Lets hope we can change all that.

Hi,

Regarding staff you're exactly right mate - good leadership and top-down training should work.

I remember the York in its time as O'Neills with Dennis running the pub, he got a good deputy (Angela) and the staff were always on the ball.....and that makes a big difference to the customer's experience.

Good luck....maybe you could open with a SF meet? :)

Ade

dennis introduced me to guinness... what a top bloke he was!