South Sea - Broomhill.

Yes. I would like to know what you mean by that as well

We have just been talking about re naming the South Sea after we take over and wondered what your views are? Is it a good idea? What should we call it?

The Minutes of the Licensing Board of 08 September 2005, in respect of the South Sea public house...

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/council-meetings/licensing-board-/agendas-2005/agenda-8-september-2005-pm/minutes-8th-september-2005

Scroll down under section 2 of the Minutes. It is the second case minuted.

After 9pm tonight my wife and I were the only customers. We go quite regularly for the £1 pint offer. No atmosphere but then again it is probably no worse than it was in the early 1990s when it really needed to be updated.

We have just been talking about re naming the South Sea after we take over and wondered what your views are? Is it a good idea? What should we call it?

Hadfield II:hihi:

Yes the SOUTH SEA is long outdated name associated with its past image. Time to move on I think........question is re-name it to what....difficult one........very tricky.....

On the other hand, ssome dynamic new signage and frontage changes may well breath life back into the old name.......I remember the original Tetley Inn sign for there, palm trees and a beach scene which was far better than the ghastly Scream pub signs..see if its lying around in the cellar.....

when I took the Dove and Rainbow I found the original 80's Whitbread pub sign......they never used to be collectable back then so may be around....

ousetunes

I like it. Don't think I will get away with it though!!!

Goldenfleece

You seem to know a lot about the South Sea. When was the last time you went in?

Do you do consultancy work?

Hi Thanx for all your comments we value your opinions and will certainly take on board what you have all said. We hope to re launch the South Sea in the very near future and hope to see you all there . Although we cant do everything at once I can assure you it will be a Cleaner , Friendlier more welcoming place with good quality food ' Drink and service.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Just meant that they seem a bit miserable, not that they're criminals or degenerates or anything! Sorry about that!

I go in the SS on occasion in my role as instructor of a uni club.

It's not our regular after session watering hole though, that's the F&D.

I've not noticed the staff being particularly bad, but it does always seem a little bit dim (poorly lit), and a bit big, a barn kinda feeling.

It has a slightly odd layout, with seating off to one side, but the bar and pool tables over to the other side. We normally end up standing around near the bar, whereas in the F&D we normally end up sat down, which I think most people prefer.

A better range of beers would be welcome, even students will try drinking real ales these days and it would make it stand out from the other pubs in broomhill.

If you're interested in sponsoring a club then give me a shout, we used to get sponsorship from the west end, so always went there for drinks after the session, we canned that after they got funny about serving someone a glass of water.

Cyclone

We are offering sponsership for teams. Call in and see us after the 11th.