Outer ring road from Grenoside to Dore

Why has the council never applied to build a outer ring road from north Sheffield to south Sheffield, it would help ease congestion on the main roads into town,and all the little country roads we use as a rat run,they are now full of potholes with the amount of traffic.

one request no traffic lights or roundabouts or right turns please

Where do you expect them to build it? Please provide a suggested route.

I don't think the good people of Dore would want it so that would be that.

Why has the council never applied to build a outer ring road from north Sheffield to south Sheffield

It already exists, the A6102, then the B6054 to Totley.

It already exists, the A6102, then the B6054 to Totley.

I think he means around Loxley/Stannington. I have wondered the same in the past until I realised it was practically impossible without huge tunnels and bridges. Were you in the council when the route you describe was discussed John?

you are joking A6102,we need a route that avoids going into the city center, avoids trafiic lights,its quicker to get to wakefield than the city center from grenoside, sitting at 30+ sets of red traffic lights on the A61

you are joking A6102,we need a route that avoids going into the city center, avoids trafiic lights,its quicker to get to wakefield than the city center from grenoside, sitting at 30+ sets of red traffic lights on the A61

So what route do you have in mind? Going around Stannington/Loxley is impractical, do you want to flatten Hillsborough? Concrete over the Don?

Why has the council never applied to build a outer ring road from north Sheffield to south Sheffield, it would help ease congestion on the main roads into town,and all the little country roads we use as a rat run,they are now full of potholes with the amount of traffic.

There is at least one old thread about this subject on Sheffield Forum.

You can see the path of the ring road that was never built in the roads today. The best example is Hallamshire road at Fulwood.

For many years there were people living a bit further on between Hallamshire road and Malin bridge that couldn't sell their houses for many years due to the plan that they were going to lose a large section of the property for the new road.

What would happen to all the roads that come in to town and would have to cross this ring road - permanently snarled up I assume.

Guest makapaka
There is at least one old thread about this subject on Sheffield Forum.

You can see the path of the ring road that was never built in the roads today. The best example is Hallamshire road at Fulwood.

For many years there were people living a bit further on between Hallamshire road and Malin bridge that couldn't sell their houses for many years due to the plan that they were going to lose a large section of the property for the new road.

Yes hallamshire road is massively wide to accommodate what would have been part of the ring road. The grass verges are about 20ft wide in some places.

Hmm, when I drive round the Western side of the huge 8 lane Manchester orbital motorway, I rarely think wouldn't it be fantastic to have something like this thundering past my house in Stannington (NIMBY). : )

The reason Sheffield is so nice with low crime rates is because we don't have a strong centre and interdistrict travel is difficult... I. East West easy... North South difficult... Apart from such a proposal never going to happen if would also be a horrible disaster in many levels not least for those living in the vicinity of the western arc