Speeding camera (M1 Northbound before J29)

I agree with you being a competent driver myself of over 25 years for a living..... But why moan about it just use a camera warning database like I do myself (PGPSW database updated every week), be it on a phone, vehicle sat-nav or stand alone sat-nav, so you don't speed where the cameras are located. ;)

I also drive for a living and what I have quoted from you is not very good from a real professional drivers point of view :rant:

I don't need any type of warning database or any other speed warning alert. The reason is I observe the road ahead and adjust speed accordingly (whether I agree with it or not). With this obsession about speeding with authorities in this country at a ridiculous high in my view it is far easier to abide by the law and stick to the limit (which is not a target ;) I must add)

I do nigh on 2000 miles most weeks as a professional lorry driver and have clean licence and other required qualification cards.

Speed cameras only bother me when I'm behind someone who I've been following at 50 mph for quite a long time in a 50 limit, so no problems. Then a speed camera appears - and we slow to 40!!??? :huh::huh: WHY?

Apart from that - crack on driver!

I would think whoever manages these things will like to keep the uncertainty in place to net more fine money.

People can combat this uncertainty by not speeding and you won't get fined. Why is it such a problem for people to obey the limit??

People can combat this uncertainty by not speeding and you won't get fined. Why is it such a problem for people to obey the limit??

Because the limits are ridiculous and antiquated and its a racket to make money.

Because the limits are ridiculous and antiquated and its a racket to make money.

It's still the law but if you're happy to carry on and contribute to the racket then crack on - who's the mug :loopy:

Seriously, are you always in that much of a rush? The limits are there, you know them (on motorways at least ). If you choose to go faster and get fined why whine about it - it's weapons grade stupidity! Dont give The Man your hard earned!

Speed limits are left ridiculously low as police forces are making an absolute mint out of them, it will never change due to this, just don't come on here pretending thier about safety 'cos they aint.

Positioning of camera's particularly mobile ones should have to be justified before being used and speed limits should be assessed every 10yrs.

Theres a regular camera on Retford Rd in Handsworth that must be one of the most lucrative in the country, does anyone know if this was a particular accident blackspot and what the difference has been since the camera's use.

There is no mint for SYP in speed cameras, where have you been all this time?

Data for camera sites (fixed and mobile) is reviewed for 3 year period before and after installation. The Safety Camera Partnership in SY are reviewing camera performance/location.

There's a sign (or was) on that same road that tells of, I think, 58 (?) child injuries.

---------- Post added 07-05-2016 at 05:52 ----------

Against the coverage Jeremy Buffoon gets, the truth stands no chance to be heard.

Proponents of such views are broadly tabloid naive and frustratingly wrong in that they take no account of:

- driver ignorance of and lack of training in vehicle technology and a profound disinterest in optimal performance

- the fact that a quarter of the road deaths are pedestrians and I reckon very few of them were counting on meeting up with a Ford Anglia (and their death).

Edited by DT Ralge

There is no mint for SYP in speed cameras, where have you been all this time?

Data for camera sites (fixed and mobile) is reviewed for 3 year period before and after installation. The Safety Camera Partnership in SY are reviewing camera performance/location.

There's a sign (or was) on that same road that tells of, I think, 58 (?) child injuries.

---------- Post added 07-05-2016 at 05:52 ----------

Against the coverage Jeremy Buffoon gets, the truth stands no chance to be heard.

Proponents of such views are broadly tabloid naive and frustratingly wrong in that they take no account of:

- driver ignorance of and lack of training in vehicle technology and a profound disinterest in optimal performance

- the fact that a quarter of the road deaths are pedestrians and I reckon very few of them were counting on meeting up with a Ford Anglia (and their death).

So where does the money go?

So where does the money go?

The Treasury (for years).

Then re-distributed to local road safety initiatives (pre-credit crunch). I am as distrustful of Govt./Treasury as anyone but there is NO local incentive to get fine money in.

The Treasury (for years).

Then re-distributed to local road safety initiatives (pre-credit crunch). I am as distrustful of Govt./Treasury as anyone but there is NO local incentive to get fine money in.

There's certainly a lot of money being made and where it goes is questionable. For the record I've only had three speeding fines in 25yrs and two of those were 35 in a 30. Nobody will ever convince me that the things are there to make money and have very little to do with safety.