Mother wants to have a baby WITH her son.

Who said he was Muslim?

The reason I mentioned him was because in discussing this he used the same line about consenting adults as I do when discussing homosexuality.

Don't assume that when you hear something negative that it is a Muslim that is the culprit based on no evidence. It is not a nice character trait.

My thinking went something like this.

You said "a friend of mine is an adherent of a certain Abrahamic religion and therefore despises gays. He thinks they are an abomination and says he would kill them if he could get away with it."

There are three Abrahamic religions. Christianity says 'thou shalt not kill', therefore your friend is not a Christian. Jews have the same 'ten commandments', so they're unlikely to be a Jew.

That leaves Islam and as we all know some Muslims think killing is justified. Most Muslim countries retain the death penalty and then there's the independent operators that we call terrorists.

So which religion is your friend in fact? Tell me I'm wrong.

My thinking went something like this.

You said "a friend of mine is an adherent of a certain Abrahamic religion and therefore despises gays. He thinks they are an abomination and says he would kill them if he could get away with it."

There are three Abrahamic religions. Christianity says 'thou shalt not kill', therefore your friend is not a Christian. Jews have the same 'ten commandments', so they're unlikely to be a Jew.

That leaves Islam and as we all know some Muslims think killing is justified. Most Muslim countries retain the death penalty and then there's the independent operators that we call terrorists.

So which religion is your friend in fact? Tell me I'm wrong.

I didn't want to bring religion into it but he is in fact a Spanish Christian. Nice guy if you ignore the homophobic part of him, which rears it's head only occasionally.

He hasn't killed anyone and there is no commandment against wanting to kill someone. The reason he won't get away with it is because he will face the judgement of God when he dies (according to him anyway).

There are plenty of threads on here to appease your criticism of Islam. I have been both critical of, and defensive of, Islam in these threads.

However, this thread is about incestuous relations and whether or not they should be illegal. It is not about Islam so please discuss the issue at hand or join a discussion more akin to your desires.

To everyone else, should the concept of consenting adults bring able to do what they like behind closed doors apply here?

If we say no based on the health impacts on any potential children, should people with illnesses they will pass to offspring be legally forbidden from fornication too?

Aren't these attractions well documented in families who grow up separated?

I thought it was some phenomenon caused by too many familial feelings happening all at once?

Crossed wires rather than genuine sexual urges?

Genetic sexual attraction is a known syndrome in close relatives who do not meet until adulthood. It is thought to be related to assortive mating, wherby people are attracted to those most like themselves. However, the child of such a union will be hugely genetically disadvantaged and it is downright selfish to consider reproducing together.

Genetic sexual attraction is a known syndrome in close relatives who do not meet until adulthood. It is thought to be related to assortive mating, wherby people are attracted to those most like themselves. However, the child of such a union will be hugely genetically disadvantaged and it is downright selfish to consider reproducing together.

What about those with hereditry conditions? Are they downright selfish too?

What about those with hereditry conditions? Are they downright selfish too?

A fair question and a difficult one. Personally, if I had a serious, disabling genetic condition, I would not reproduce. The reasons are perhaps also selfish, the guilt for me would be overwhelming. The maxim "you can only be as happy as your unhappiest child" rings true for me. However, I believe many parents do achieve happiness in that situation. What do others think?

How do you know the friend running man is referring to isn't a Christian? There are Christians that think homosexuality is an abomination. :rolleyes:

There are indeed.

However, probably worthy of a thread in its own right, but a poll published today revealed 52% of British muslims think homosexuality should be illegal, compared with 5% of the population as a whole.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

There are indeed.

However, probably worthy of a thread in its own right, but a poll published today revealed 52% of British muslims think homosexuality should be illegal, compared with 5% of the population as a whole.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

This thread is about genetic sexual attraction. If you want to troll Muslims go to another thread and/or Page Hall please.