Government to spend Nine million on leaflets

The classic for me was, cheap booze for all. I'm still waiting.

that is in the 2016 pamphlet actually. It says that Norway, who are not in the EU, has easily the most expensive beer in Europe.

When i receive ours I'm going to write "return to sender" and put it back in the letterbox.Let's see if the Royal mail will return it.

I did that with my free copy of the Sun from the "evil empire", don't think it did much good but I felt better for it.

Really?..They're hoping to persuade us based on the price of beer in Norway? :huh:

yes, they've spent another million on beermats with that printed on it and they'll distribute them around pubs a couple of weeks before the poll.

It has been announced that this Tory Government have decided to spend nine million pounds of our money on a brochure to say why we should stay in the EU.

Every household will recieve these through the post.

This is a blatant misuse of our funds unless of course they decide to grant the same amount to the campaign to leave this blooody so called Union.

It will come in handy as a firelighter or if i run out of toilet paper.

It has been announced that this Tory Government have decided to spend nine million pounds of our money on a brochure to say why we should stay in the EU.

Every household will recieve these through the post.

This is a blatant misuse of our funds unless of course they decide to grant the same amount to the campaign to leave this blooody so called Union.

The return to sender address is 10 Downing Street London S1 no postage stamp required the tax payer will pay.

The 14 page document, to be sent to 27 million homes, is designed to respond to public demand for more details about the EU referendum by setting out the facts behind the government's position.

Opinion polls suggested that 85% of people wanted the government to provide more information

We demanded it. They are providing it.

The elected majority government's position is that they want to stay in so now they are giving us the facts we screamed for.

The two campaign groups (WHICH ARE NOT THE GOVERNMENT) will be given public money for their own campaigns out or in later on.

Just think of it as public information. This is no different.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35980571

True, but how much of this is fact, and how much is 'stay in' propaganda?

The truth is no one actually knows exactly what will happen if we come out, and that's a bit scarey, but it's not necessarily going to be bad.

What we do know is that the EU is not democratic, is pretty useless on a lot of important issues like immigration, and is a gravy train for many of the participants who justify their jobs by over complicating everything with unnecessary legislation. And how many of the 'in' campaigners have an eye on their own future careers when they are kicked out of parliament?

Cameron tried to get it to change some of its ways, and largely failed. It seems to be impervious to alteration, so isn't going to change any time soon even if we stay in.

Having said all that, having a Europe that works together and co operates with each other will always be a good idea.

I await the pamphlet with interest, and will read it carefully.

Edited by Anna B

Opinion polls suggested that 85% of people wanted the government to provide more information

We demanded it. They are providing it.

The elected majority government's position is that they want to stay in so now they are giving us the facts we screamed for.

No 85% of the people polled wanted it which is very different, and it also depends on the poll sample and how they were chosen.

BTW We never demanded it or screamed for the facts.