Eleven million tax avoiding documents..

I am not sure it is legal if the board members are just sham members, which is the allegation.

Even if an investor did declare their income to HMRC and thus made it "legal" for themselves, the very fact they think its ok to use a fund which uses such tactics says a lot about their character.

I have accounts in the Bahamas and sit as a director on a company there. What does that say about my character then?

---------- Post added 05-04-2016 at 13:30 ----------

I don't think he does have exactly the same right because of the potential conflict of interest based on his power to push through legislation.

You are aware there is a register of Members Interests so they can declare things that are a conflict of interest....

We should not be surprises that neoliberals in Westminster and Whitehall, together with their supporters in the press and indeed here on SheffieldForum are working very hard to distract, deny, minimise and otherwise dismiss the present scandalous tax revelations (for example, the headlines on the front page of today's issue of Murdoch's The Sun proclaims 'Cheryl quits X-Factor').

It is very important that we pay no attention to their tactics, and that we bear in mind that the direct implications of these outrageous tax avoidance arrangements in secrecy jurisdictions across the globe include devastating cuts to essential services right here in Sheffield.

I can tell you I did not join in. I can also assure you that I dislike the mail and most of its readership.

There is a huge difference between someone who arranges a few peoples tax affairs and someone who would destroy the fabric of our society by introducing communism.

---------- Post added 05-04-2016 at 07:36 ----------

So what if he did? --- it would give DC zero credibility and trust when talking about this subject in the future.

Did he follow in his father's footsteps? No. --- I don't know,do you?

Should he have dobbed his own father in? ?? Yes he should,DC is not a plumber,he's the PM of GB.

When did his father die? 8/9/10

When did he come into (half) power? 2005?

When did he come into full power? 11/5/10

If DC has done something wrong, that's one thing. His daddy? Meh.

So what if he did?

Is that a serious question?

If he knew about it(which just to clarify,I am not saying he did),you would be happy that your Prime Minister who has been giving it large about stopping these kind of corruptions,knew full well that the money that he stands to inherit(possibly already inherited?)was earned illegitimately whilst the rest of us plebs have to pay our part in our fair system?

Lets be honest here,even if Cameron was directly implicated,you would probably still be by his side.

"we're all in it together" eh RonJeremy? :hihi:

Edited by SqueakyPete

We should not be surprises that neoliberals in Westminster and Whitehall, together with their supporters in the press and indeed here on SheffieldForum are working very hard to distract, deny, minimise and otherwise dismiss the present scandalous tax revelations (for example, the headlines on the front page of today's issue of Murdoch's The Sun proclaims 'Cheryl quits X-Factor').

Whilst the headline of the Murdoch owned Times is about Cameron and the offshore fund!

I have accounts in the Bahamas and sit as a director on a company there. What does that say about me then?

---------- Post added 05-04-2016 at 13:30 ----------

You are aware there is a register of Members Interests so they can declare things that are a conflict of interest....

Its says you have good reason to stick up for the Cameron's?:hihi:

Edited by SqueakyPete

Whilst the headline of the Murdoch owned Times is about Cameron and the offshore fund!

Thanks for that point nightrider. Let's revise the statement so that we do not forget the actual point being made.

We should not be surprises that neoliberals in Westminster and Whitehall, together with their supporters in the press and indeed here on SheffieldForum are working very hard to distract, deny, minimise and otherwise dismiss the present scandalous tax revelations.

It is very important that we pay no attention to their tactics, and that we bear in mind that the direct implications of these outrageous tax avoidance arrangements in secrecy jurisdictions across the globe include devastating cuts to essential services right here in Sheffield.

Thanks for that point nightrider. Let's revise the statement so that we do not forget the actual point being made.

We should not be surprises that neoliberals in Westminster and Whitehall, together with their supporters in the press and indeed here on SheffieldForum are working very hard to distract, deny, minimise and otherwise dismiss the present scandalous tax revelations.

Great approach to debating, that.

In fact, it's working so well for the said multiculturalism-pushing neoliberals, that the political harder and far right is now consistently and steadfastly rocketing up throughout the EU and getting ever more access to real political power, and approaching non-reversible levels :|

God forbid you discover objectivity and maybe learn some useful socio-economic information to help you partake and influence debate.

By all means continue, Comrade Staunton. On with the class war you go :roll:

Of course. It might be that Cameron needs to add to his entries on there.

Its says you have good reason to stick up for the Cameron's?:hihi:

Whereas you comments say you shouldn't be trusted with any financial instrument more complicated than a promissory note.

Now if you've nothing to add, run along, mummy is waiting for you.

Great approach to debating, that.

In fact, it's working so well for the said multiculturalism-pushing neoliberals, that the political harder and far right is now consistently and steadfastly rocketing up throughout the EU and getting ever more access to real political power, and approaching non-reversible levels :|

God forbid you discover objectivity and maybe learn some useful socio-economic information to help you partake and influence debate.

By all means continue, Comrade Staunton. On with the class war you go :roll:

Speaking of comrades, I found the first paragraph a little disturbing. Close loopholes? Yes please. Globally? Of course it needs to be a global effort. Take "direct rule" over British over seas territories? Steady on jezza!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35965855

Of course. It might be that Cameron needs to add to his entries on there.

Or not as the case may be. I've not actually had a look at what hes got on there lets have a dig shall we....

Cameron, Mr David (Witney)

Cameron, Mr David (Witney)

2. (a) Support linked to an MP but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation

Name of donor: Mrs Marjorie Glasgow

Address of donor: private

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500

Donor status: individual

(Registered 08 June 2015)

3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK sources

In my capacity as Leader of the Conservative Party, I have accepted Honorary Membership for life of the Carlton Club.

Name of donor: Ellesborough Golf Club

Address of donor: Butlers Cross, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP17 OTZ

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: honorary membership of Ellesborough Golf Club; value for 2015-16 £1,165 p.a.

Date of receipt of donation: June 2011; renewed annually

Date of acceptance of donation: 9 June 2011

Donor status: unincorporated association

(Registered 15 February 2012; updated 4 February 2013, 21 November 2014 and 8 June 2015)

Name of donor: Fortnum and Mason plc

Address of donor: 181 Piccadilly, London W1A 1ER

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Hamper with a value of £500

Date received: 8 May 2015

Date accepted: 8 May 2015

Donor status: company, registration number 00084909

(Registered 08 June 2015)

On 1 October 2015, I accepted honorary membership of Mark’s Club, a private members’ club, of 46 Charles St, London W1J 5EJ. (Registered 21 October 2015)

6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year

Residential property in London: (i) and (ii).

And for completeness sake

Corbyn, Jeremy (Islington North)

Corbyn, Jeremy (Islington North)

1. Employment and earnings

Payments for FCO course lectures (Understanding Government) from CSL, PO Box 202, Darlington DL1 9HB:

Received £150 for lecture on 15 May 2014. Hours: 1hr. (Registered 16 March 2015)

Received £150 for lecture on 12 June 2014. Hours: 1hr. (Registered 16 March 2015)

Received £150 for lecture on 19 June 2014. Hours: 1hr. (Registered 16 March 2015)

Received £150 for lecture on 3 July 2014. Hours: 1hr. (Registered 16 March 2015)

6 August 2015, received £600 for lectures given on 4 and 18 June 2015 and 9 and 16 July 2015. Hours: 1 hr each; 4 hrs in total. (Registered 07 August 2015)

10 August 2015, received £150 for lecture on 11 June 2015. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 10 August 2015)

Payments for Working with Parliament lectures arranged by Paul Grant, [private address]:

Received £150 for lecture on 16 December 2014. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 16 March 2015)

Received £150 for lecture on 20 January 2015. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 16 March 2015)

Received £150 for lecture on 10 March 2015. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 16 March 2015)

11 June 2015, received £150. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 07 August 2015)

23 June 2015, received £150. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 07 August 2015)

14 July 2015, received £150. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 07 August 2015)

Payments from ComRes, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for opinion surveys:

9 June 2014, £75 received for April 2014 survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 26 March 2015)

5 August 2014, £75 received for May/Jun 2014 survey. Hours: 90 mins. (Registered 26 March 2015)

£75 received for Jan/Feb survey. Hours: 90 mins. (Registered 26 March 2015)

9 June 2014, received payment of £80 from YouGov, 50 Featherstone Street, London, EC1Y 8RT, for online survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 26 March 2015)

2. (a) Support linked to an MP but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation

Name of donor: National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers

Address of donor: Unity House, 39 Chalton St, London NW1 1JD

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000

Donor status: trade union

(Registered 30 March 2015)

2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2(a)

Name of donor: Jon Lansman

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: interest-free and unsecured loan of £5,123.59 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party, repaid 24 July 2015

Date of receipt: 23 June 2015

Date of acceptance: 23 June 2015

(Registered 23 July 2015; updated 27 July 2015)

Name of donor: Unite the union

Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: interest-free and unsecured loan of £50,000 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party. This loan was written off by Unite on 12 September 2015.

Date of receipt: 8 July 2015

Date of acceptance: 8 July 2015

(Registered 28 July 2015; updated 6 October 2015)

Name of donor: National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers

Address of donor: Unity House, 39 Chalton St, London NW1 1JD

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £25,000 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party

Date of receipt: 17 July 2015

Date of acceptance: 17 July 2015

(Registered 28 July 2015)

Name of donor: ASLEF

Address of donor: 77 St John St, London EC1M 4Nn

amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party

Date of receipt: 22 July 2015

Date of acceptance: 22 July 2015

(Registered 28 July 2015)

Name of donor: Transport Salaried Staffs’ Association

Address of donor: Walkden House, 10 Melton Street, London, NW1 2EJ

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: write off of costs for serviced offices for my leadership campaign from 22 June to 30 July 2015 and donation of office space from 31 July to 22 September 2015, valued at £2,925.67 in total

Date received: 31 July 2015

Date accepted: 31 July 2015

(Registered 04 August 2015)

Name of donor: Unite the Union

Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobald's Road, London, WC1X 8TN

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: serviced offices for my leadership campaign from 15 July 2015 to 15 August 2015, valued at £3,000.

Date of received: 15 July 2015

Date of acceptance: 15 July 2015

(Registered 04 August 2015)

Address of donor: 128 Theobald's Road, London, WC1X 8TN

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £50,000 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party

Date received: 23 July 2015

Date accepted: 23 July 2015

(Registered 21 August 2015)

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: secondment of staff to my leadership campaign, valued at £10,762.42

Date received: 6 August 2015

Date accepted: 6 August 2015

(Registered 21 August 2015)

Name of donor: Dr Ibrahim Hamami

Address of donor:private

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party

Date received: 12 August 2015

Date accepted: 12 August 2015

(Registered 9 September 2015; updated 19 October 2015)

Name of donor: Communication Workers Union

Address of donor: 150 The Broadway, Wimbledon, SW19 1RX

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £7,000 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party

Date received: 13 August 2015

Date of acceptance: 13 August 2015

(Registered 09 September 2015)

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £50,000 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party

Date received:21 August 2015

Date accepted: 21 August 2015

Name of donor: The Fire Brigades Union

Address of donor: Bradley House, 68 Coombe Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, KT2 7AE

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party

Date received: 27 August 2015

Date accepted: 27 August 2015

Name of donor: Communication Workers Union

Address of donor: 150 The Broadway, Wimbledon SW19 1RX

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: secondment of staff to my leadership campaign between 17 August and 11 September 2015, valued at £3,249.09

Date received: 31 August 2015

Date accepted: 31 August 2015

(Registered 06 October 2015)

Name of donor: Cassandra E Fox

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £8,780.90 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party

Date received: 9 September 2015

Date accepted: 9 September 2015

Name of donor: Prof. E T Honderich

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party

Date received: 16 September 2015

Date accepted: 16 September 2015

Name of donor: Thompsons Solicitors LLP

Address of donor: Congress House, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LW

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: the provision of catering at the Leader of the Opposition's reception for trade unionists; value £1,729.80

Date received: 27 January 2016

Date accepted: 27 January 2016

Donor status: limited liability partnership

(Registered 08 February 2016; updated 09 February 2016)

4. Visits outside the UK

Name of donor: (1) Save Shaker Aamer Campaign; (2) Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament

Address of donor: (1) Unit 36, 88-90 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8PG (2) 162 Holloway Road, London N7 8DQ

Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): (1) Flights costing £734.46; hotel costing £638.57, and sundries costing £347.44, £1720.47 in total; (2) reimbursement of train fares costing £155 and accommodation costing £109.54, £264.54 in total

Destination of visit: Washington DC and New York

Date of visit: 18 - 21 May 2015

Purpose of visit: (1) Advocacy on behalf of British detainee Shaker Aamer in Guantanamo Bay and (2)Non Proliferation Treaty Conference in New York on 21 and 22 May 2015

(Registered 31 July 2015)

So from that we can tell Cameron shouldn't be making legislation about golf clubs and swanky foods suppliers, and Corbyn should abstain from any legislation affect the trade unions.....

Or not as the case may be. I've not actually had a look at what hes got on there lets have a dig shall we....

And for completeness sake

So from that we can tell Cameron shouldn't be making legislation about golf clubs and swanky foods suppliers, and Corbyn should abstain from any legislation affect the trade unions.....

My point is about what could be missing, not what is already on there.

A few simple questions answered and we'll know.