Understanding the universe.

Dutch, the trouble is that you are assuming that you have high levels of control over yourself.

Troublingly for you, there's a significant and growing suspicion that you may have absolutely no control at all. In other words, you are kidding yourself that you are kind of special, a bit like seeing animal shapes in clouds.

This is interesting. http://bigthink.com/videos/daniel-dennett-explains-consciousness-and-free-will

You are right there is no need to be suspicious or troubled because I can confirm that any use of control by the mind prevents meditative silence from happening. Control acts like a barrier, everybody has a natural balance within that doesn’t need control for it to stay balanced.

Who is kidding themselves and shapes their clouds, Boris Johnson with his fantasy £350 million a day or me sitting or walking in silence. I am just a simple person, half the country listens to him.

A lot of words just to say that you either can't or won't tell us why you know the mind isn't responsible for awareness (some might even consider it a cop-out).

Also you seem to think you know what others are or aren't aware of, and what they can or can't handle.

Arrogance wrapped in humbleness (post #1219).

I don’t know what others are aware of, that is why it is better to be careful. All your repressed feelings and frustrations that are build up over time collapse when you become conscious of your awareness. First these repressed frustrations need to be cleared to make space for the experience I talk about to happen. I may sound arrogant to you, but I am certain I was more selfish and arrogant before I started meditation than afterwards. What I have learned to this point is worth £0.0, people stuck in their mind think I’m a fool, yet you are worried that somehow you are missing out and experience it as arrogant. That is because deep in your heart you must somewhere feel a connection with the things I have said.

I don’t know what others are aware of, that is why it is better to be careful. All your repressed feelings and frustrations that are build up over time collapse when you become conscious of your awareness. First these repressed frustrations need to be cleared to make space for the experience I talk about to happen. I may sound arrogant to you, but I am certain I was more selfish and arrogant before I started meditation than afterwards. What I have learned to this point is worth £0.0, people stuck in their mind think I’m a fool, yet you are worried that somehow you are missing out and experience it as arrogant. That is because deep in your heart you must somewhere feel a connection with the things I have said.

Again with the assumptions about people you know nothing about.

Meanwhile, several posts later and you still haven't offered any answer to the question.

Again with the assumptions about people you know nothing about.

Meanwhile, several posts later and you still haven't offered any answer to the question.

Why do you keep coming back and ask me for an answer? If you really think this is nonsense you can just ignore me, I get ignored a lot on this forum and don't mind it.

Somewhere you must be interested and want to know how to reach these spaces of silence within your consciousness as well. There are techniques and methods you can do to slowly slowly bit by bit widen these gaps where awareness can be seen clearly without being judged and criticised by the mind. You need to do that yourself, there is help and assistance out there available, but in the end you need to stand on your own two feet and find the answer yourself.

Don't bother if you are only a little bit curious and just want to understand it in your head. I have spent years and years on this also confused like you are and only now can say I truly have experienced spaces of total silence within my meditations. There are few people who became totally conscious of their awareness by some accident, it is rare.

Why do you keep coming back and ask me for an answer? If you really think this is nonsense you can just ignore me, I get ignored a lot on this forum and don't mind it.

If I think what is nonsense? That's my whole point, you haven't actually explained what you're talking about.

Dutch - There's something other than your mind, you can all experience it if you're willing, it's wonderful!

Me - What is it?

Dutch - It'll blow your mind if I tell you!

Me - Go on then

Dutch - You think I'm talking nonsense, really you're confused!

Me - So you're not going to tell me?

...rinse & repeat

If I think what is nonsense? That's my whole point, you haven't actually explained what you're talking about.

Dutch - There's something other than your mind, you can all experience it if you're willing, it's wonderful!

Me - What is it?

Dutch - It'll blow your mind if I tell you!

Me - Go on then

Dutch - You think I'm talking nonsense, really you're confused!

Me - So you're not going to tell me?

...rinse & repeat

The rinse and repeat are inside your own mind. 99.9% Of us live repetitively and go round and round in circles wondering what live is all about.

I already told you but my only intention is for anyone who is genuinely interested to start taking their own responsibility.

I am not a priest, I don't teach religion, I don't give you any cheap stupid rules of life. I will not be your daddy.

Yes there is more to life than just constantly wondering what it is all about, the holy books will not give you the answers, a philosopher will not give you the answer. There are people who can help you only if you are trying to stand on your own feet and make an effort to go further than just your mind.

The rinse and repeat are inside your own mind. 99.9% Of us live repetitively and go round and round in circles wondering what live is all about.

I already told you but my only intention is for anyone who is genuinely interested to start taking their own responsibility.

I am not a priest, I don't teach religion, I don't give you any cheap stupid rules of life. I will not be your daddy.

Yes there is more to life than just constantly wondering what it is all about, the holy books will not give you the answers, a philosopher will not give you the answer. There are people who can help you only if you are trying to stand on your own feet and make an effort to go further than just your mind.

You've just proved RootsBooster's point.

You've just proved RootsBooster's point.

With a "rinse & repeat" answer and not explaining at all what people have asked. But I do think I have the answer to what is so shocking.. we are the product of a hologram and have been pre-programmed. ;)

You said if you told us it would shock us. Go on then, shock us. Why are you being so hesitant?

Guest makapaka
You said if you told us it would shock us. Go on then, shock us. Why are you being so hesitant?

Is it acid?

Funny the origins of the universe are discussed in a society that cannot yet deal with simple things like sexual harassment or poverty. Too scared living in limitations stopping everything at the level of need and necessity. The universe is one and all, life and death are part of same energy.

The rinse and repeat are inside your own mind.

The rinse and repeat is a reference to you constantly avoiding answering the question.

You make up excuses, you keep referring to this special thing that you know. But you can't tell anyone what it is.

I don't know what you expect to happen, are you trying to make us laugh at you, or hope that we'll take it on faith that if you say you know something special, we'll just believe you? :huh: