Npower job losses

But at least we've got cheaper power now and they've had a slap on the hand for not being efficient.

That will please everyone surely...

(oh and that as meant to be sarcastic)

Its the third time recently that "we" have received "improvements" in our bills and costs to be followed rapidly by redundancies.

npower to shed 2500 jobs in the uk http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35740275 do the germans know something we don't :suspect:

Nothing we all don't already know. They have been heavily fined for bad customer service, they have lost a large number of customers and they have made a huge loss in recent years. The big companies will shed jobs over time as they lose market share to the smaller players.

Edited by Berberis

I suspect they are getting themselves ready for a takeover, probably the British arm only, wouldn't surprise me if Gazprom made an entry on the UK domestic market.

Whoever buys it couldn't do much worse with the admin.

We've been with them for about five years, paying by direct debit with the bill adjusted in February usually with a rebate then last year they changed it to August, I pointed out to them that to start the year at tha end of August when we were going in to the colder weather would probably mean that we would be in arrears by the end of February. They said they'd change the year to start again when February came round. The inevitable happened so we were in arrears so they wanted to change our DD.

When I told them we would pay off the arrears then they could start the year in February as agreed she put me on hold listening to 'the Girll from Ipenema' for five minutes, came back on and said the system wouldn't allow her to do it.

Another five minutes listening to the same song while she spoke to the manager, same answer. Problem is I'm loath to leave them because they are so inefficient we've had about £300 in compo off them over the years when I've reported them to the regulator for **** ups they've made.

Edited by gomgeg