Was the Christmas fixture list unfair to Wednesday?

Look at Stoke, beat Man United at home (a team who likes to keep possession and tire teams) and they stuck with the same team 2 days later away at Everton.

They're professional athletes.

Also, you know what the fixture list is at the beginning of the season, yes Middlebrough had the advantage of not playing, but this is how the season goes.

Carlos needs to stop making excuses.

tbh i think he needs to stop screwing around with the line up, yes its good to have players who can slot in, but like has been said its not broken dont fix it. teams like boro are doing well BECAUSE they dont change the team...unless they need to

I always think it is a bit much for managers to moan about fixtures. Look at Ice Hockey they play in Sheffield one night and might be in Scotland the next but you don't hear them moaning. For example Steelers play Nottingham in Sheffield on 16th next night the 17th they are in Cardiff.

Don't know how anybody can expect players such as Nando and banana man to play two games in three days ,you have seen the effort they put in ,yes its the way we do things in England ,but obviously CC who is a big believer in sufficient rest between games ,doesn't see this in Portugal and thinks its wrong ,maybe hes got a point ,its not as though the English way has proved successful

Don't know how anybody can expect players such as Nando and banana man to play two games in three days ,you have seen the effort they put in ,yes its the way we do things in England ,but obviously CC who is a big believer in sufficient rest between games ,doesn't see this in Portugal and thinks its wrong ,maybe hes got a point ,its not as though the English way has proved successful

again

Boro are doing ok? Brighton?

Derby?

How many Portuguese teams have won the Champions League in the last 20 years?

Compare that record to English teams.

There are way too many outside influences attempting to ruin the English game in my opinion.

The Christmas period has and always will be renowned as the busiest part of the season as the fixtures come thick and fast. Every single team in every league finds themselves in the same boat and it is down to the Managers and board to equip the squad accordingly in order to deal with it.

Wednesday beat Wolves who had played only 3 days before when Wednesday had a 5 day gap, didn't hear anyone complaining then.

Wednesday beat Wolves who had played only 3 days before when Wednesday had a 5 day gap, didn't hear anyone complaining then.

Everybody likes a good old moan in all walks of life !

But is wasn't fair lol

Everybody likes a good old moan in all walks of life !

But is wasn't fair lol

What wasn't fair?

Middlesbrough and Wednesday both had games on the same day, one got called off due to adverse weather.

It's not like Middlesbrough had an influence over this,

I'm really in two minds about this, firstly - Carlos should not blame the loss on this, we lost to one goal against a team with a massively good defensive record.

However, I think it is daft not to give the players a break to recharge the batteries, the issue isn't playing 2 games in 3 days, it is playing 6 games in under 20 days. That is what hammers the players physically and to make it worse, after that 20 day stint the regular grind of 1/2 games a week just keeps on coming. Especially if successful in the cups.

People who think it has no effect are naive, but as said - all the clubs are in the same boat.

I think they need to create a two week break right after the boxing-day game.

I go to work come home knackered.

I go to work the very next day, and the day after etc.

I'm really in two minds about this, firstly - Carlos should not blame the loss on this, we lost to one goal against a team with a massively good defensive record.

However, I think it is daft not to give the players a break to recharge the batteries, the issue isn't playing 2 games in 3 days, it is playing 6 games in under 20 days. That is what hammers the players physically and to make it worse, after that 20 day stint the regular grind of 1/2 games a week just keeps on coming. Especially if successful in the cups.

People who think it has no effect are naive, but as said - all the clubs are in the same boat.

I think they need to create a two week break right after the boxing-day game.

Oh dear, those poor footballers!

Whatever next? Split football matches into four quarters to allow the overpaid underachievers, more breaks?