Do kids still have pushbikes for Christmas

Walked through Endcliffe up through porter brook today..nothing but kids on bikes and joggers.

That must have been really annoying :D

That must have been really annoying :D

What?

Kids on joggers?

Bit cold for push bikes in Sheffield at this time of year :) .

Cold?? It's 14 degrees!:hihi:

Is it because years ago a new bike was THE present to get,nowadays kids have them when its not birthdays or xmas.When I'm on my travels I see bikes dumped that I would have loved to have when I was a kid.

They don't know they are born nowadays .

When we were kids we used make our own contraptions using the wheels of old prams .

I think nowadays another adult is just as likely to buy a bike for a gift for another adult for Christmas as one for a child .

When we were kids we used make our own contraptions using the wheels of old prams .

It's the Four Yorkshiremen Sketch.

In the past on Christmas day you could not fail to see loads of kids up and down the street proudly riding their new push bikes/ bicycles in recent years including this year I've not seen a single one it looks like they are becoming I thing of the past.

Yes, kids still get bikes for Christmas.

---------- Post added 26-12-2015 at 11:09 ----------

Very interesting this thread as I was nominated driver from last night (and today :rant: ) why me :help: During dropping off the still intoxicated passengers I commented that years ago we would see bright new bikes, roller skates and scooters etc on the go but nothing at all this year :rolleyes:

I did see some plank on East Bank Road about 12:30 on his back wheel turning down Eastern Avenue, no helmet - I would be right to assume no licence or insurance :huh: I was behind him and slowed right down ;) he's not having my no claims jobby :D

On his back wheel? What license would be need?

Edited by RootsBooster

Bobby in Eastenders does lol. Sorry couldnt resist..

- I would be right to assume no licence or insurance :huh::D

Don't start that one :rant::hihi:

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 17:58 ----------

I think nowadays another adult is just as likely to buy a bike for a gift for another adult for Christmas as one for a child .

Thats all well and good but we have to move on, and thankfully we have but there is a lack of kids on bikes today

My 'kid' got a bike for Christmas and it was his main present, he loves it.