Private Hire Taxis showing mobility badge

Ghostrider, can you not just tell us that it was you visiting someone in your mate's taxi and we can put this thread to rest :):hihi:

One thing nobody has mentioned is that the cameras would have seen the taxi and so would the parking people,at the ngh it would have had a ticket on it if illegally parked but it would appear that it was all above board in this case.Misuse of the blue badge means you lose it,so people are careful not to do so.

They almost certainly weren't dropping someone off as a taxi customer. Why would they park there unless they had other business with the hospital AND have a blue badge? Don't forget, most drivers use their taxis as their 'normal' cars.

newcomer01 said that it was there a while... (here)-

What is most likely is a taxi driver with a blue badge / relative with one, was visiting someone.

Yeah that's basically what I was saying. But as they weren't disabled themselves, why take up a disabled space which are specifically made wider so that wheelchair users can get their chairs out, when they didn't need to. They could have dropped the badge holder at the door and parked anywhere in the car park. Or are you saying that the badge holder on their own, someone other than the phd themselves, could have been using the car to visit the hospital?

I don't even know why I'm bothering to argue the point, as everyone seems to have a wilful disregard of caring about other people's convenience, proved they're all right.

One thing nobody has mentioned is that the cameras would have seen the taxi and so would the parking people,at the ngh it would have had a ticket on it if illegally parked but it would appear that it was all above board in this case.Misuse of the blue badge means you lose it,so people are careful not to do so.

Genuine question, honest :) Do the hospital police randomly ask people what their disability is when they see blue badge holders parking?

I'd doubt it really. Who could tell? Is a min wage man/woman going to risk getting sacked for asking someone?

-

Misuse of the blue badge means you lose it,so people are careful not to do so.

The OP was suggesting that the blue badge holder wasn't genuine so the question could be,

'do people who have fraudulent blue badges misuse them any further than the initial fraudulence?!' :shocked::hihi:

No need to ask them ash,the holders photo is on the blue badge now,so if the person on the card isn't present they shouldn't be parked in the disabled bay.I drop my mate in the disabled bay,help him in the hospital then go home and he phones me when ready and I repeat the same,perhaps this is what the taxi was doing?

Yeah that's basically what I was saying. But as they weren't disabled themselves, why take up a disabled space which are specifically made wider so that wheelchair users can get their chairs out, when they didn't need to. They could have dropped the badge holder at the door and parked anywhere in the car park. Or are you saying that the badge holder on their own, someone other than the phd themselves, could have been using the car to visit the hospital?

I don't even know why I'm bothering to argue the point, as everyone seems to have a wilful disregard of caring about other people's convenience, proved they're all right.

underlined, how do you/we know this natjack?

The OP didn't say anything. We don't know anything about this case other than that is not breaking any rules and there is no evidence of breaching moral codes - which really makes it the ultimate in non-stories. :hihi:

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 01:47 ----------

No need to ask them ash,the holders photo is on the blue badge now,so if the person on the card isn't present they shouldn't be parked in the disabled bay.I drop my mate in the disabled bay,help him in the hospital then go home and he phones me when ready and I repeat the same,perhaps this is what the taxi was doing?

Hooray!

Now can you explain this to the OP please :)

Something like this: "The hospital police and the cameramen saw no one cheating*. There is no evidence of breaking any rules, and there is no evidence of breaching moral codes.

Is this enough to convince you newcomer?"

that should do it :)

*(or did nothing which is different)

-

I just noticed this. Come on natjack, you can't be serious.

This is a situation I can relate to, as a ph driver I have a regular disabled customer who wants me to display his badge whilst I wait for him at various locations, including parking in disabled bays at football stadiums, supermarkets and doctors surgeries, occasionally I go with him but most of the time I wait in the car depending on whose with him. I do get some funny looks from people like the op but its perfectly legal and makes it alot easier for my passenger wih the comfort of knowing exactly where I'm parked.

This is a situation I can relate to, as a ph driver I have a regular disabled customer who wants me to display his badge whilst I wait for him at various locations, including parking in disabled bays at football stadiums, supermarkets and doctors surgeries, occasionally I go with him but most of the time I wait in the car depending on whose with him. I do get some funny looks from people like the op but its perfectly legal and makes it alot easier for my passenger wih the comfort of knowing exactly where I'm parked.

:thumbsup: