Lookers Ford dealership, Archer Rd - re-locating

Drove past the Ford dealership tonight and noticed signs up to say they are re-locating, all the cars have mostly gone. Anyone know what's going to be on the site in it's place?

Oh wow I wonder what will be there next ? I wonder why it has moved ?

I had a letter from them today to say they're 'relocating' to Saville St. More like closing down and Saville St absorbing the Archer Road business.

Yes its the classic corperate put a positive spin on it thing.

The Saville Street one (formerly Dixon) has been there for years.

Looks like they could not make it pay there ,never looked busy although was convenient for me!

---------- Post added 18-12-2015 at 23:23 ----------

Just read the letter makes it even more confusing by calling the lookers savile street Sheffield ford store making it sound like its a different company.

The majority of the Archer Rd sales and all of the service team are relocating to Savile Street, now the Ford Store. For the inconvenience of traveling across the city, Lookers have now expanded its collection and delivery service to accommodate our loyal Archer Rd customers and beyond.

I didn't expect this,neither did the rest of the staff but what has happened is totally out of our control. I'm personally gutted to leave the site.

Please continue to use the Archer Rd team at our new location.

Thanks for a great 5 years.

The Archer Rd team.

---------- Post added 19-12-2015 at 18:04 ----------

The majority of the Archer Rd sales and all of the service team are relocating to Savile Street, now the Ford Store. For the inconvenience of traveling across the city, Lookers have now expanded its collection and delivery service to accommodate our loyal Archer Rd customers and beyond.

I didn't expect this,neither did the rest of the staff but what has happened is totally out of our control. I'm personally gutted to leave the site.

The Archer Rd team.

Hum how can the dealership absorb all them extra staff without making people redundant. All some much requirements for ford's in Sheffield

Savile Street and nearby is now the major car dealership area of Sheffield. In fact all the major car retailers are situated in the East End of the city.

Savile Street and nearby is now the major car dealership area of Sheffield. In fact all the major car retailers are situated in the East End of the city.

Not really, many of them are around Hillsborough Barracks.

Thanks. Any ideas on what's happening to the old site?

The Archer Rd team.

---------- Post added 19-12-2015 at 18:04 ----------

The Archer Rd team.

Thanks. Any ideas on what's happening to the old site?

It will probably be taken on by Aldi who always struggle with space.

it would make sense if it was a argos as we don't have one this side of the city

Not really, many of them are around Hillsborough Barracks.

I did say major car dealerships - not Peugeot and Hyundai !!