David Cameron : the luckiest politician ever ?

He is lucky due to the fact Labour are a car crash waiting to happen with Comrade Corbyn at the wheel. Having no opposition gives the Tories and easy ride and a gimme at the next general election .

I don't think that the Labour leadership happened in isolation to what was going on in politics at that time. I think that the first Tory election victory since the early 1990s may have influenced it.

I'm far from being a Cameron fan,.............. ...................................................... For example Cameron's campaign took advantage of Labour's weakness spectacularly, so I don't think that his government gaining an unpredicted majority is lucky.

"took advantage!!" - You can call it that if you call keeping your position ambiguous and not giving specific pledges and saying as little as possible, whilst the Labour Party mucked it up.

...oh yeah, and insulting the Scottish so they voted SNP and thinking of a ditty that said 'Vote for Milliband and get the SNP'. The result bringing the break-up of the nation closer.

Cynical in the extreme and not giving a toss about the United Kingdom.

I'm far from being a Cameron fan too

You must be on mind altering drugs to think becoming PM is down to luck.

Looking at the two before Cameron:

Blair would possibly never have become PM if Smith hadn't have died. He was lucky in a way.

Brown, well I wouldn't call that luck I agree. He was handed the most poisoned of chalices by Blair and it only took a year before the whole thing exploded in his face.

I'm far from being a Cameron fan, so you're barking up the wrong tree with that one. I just believe that calling people lucky or unlucky is just a cop out, the reason behind someone's success run far deeper than simply putting it down to luck.
This reminds me of an anecdote of a few years ago. it was one of the major golf opens and a player pulls out a superb shot. A spectator next to the green shouts out "wow, lucky shot" to which the player shouts back "I know, and the more I practice, the luckier I get"

This reminds me of an anecdote of a few years ago. it was one of the major golf opens and a player pulls out a superb shot. A spectator next to the green shouts out "wow, lucky shot" to which the player shouts back "I know, and the more I practice, the luckier I get"

It's funny though, however hard I worked at my homework as a boy, I never got to Eton.