Who's going to take over from David Cameron?

It depends on who replaces corbyn really. If it's some faceless no-mark Osborne will get it (which I wouldn't like). If the country takes a lurch to the right I reckon May (she's lurched to right a long way in the last 5 years) and if by some miracle labour front up something with a personality Johnson will get it.

It depends on who replaces corbyn really. If it's some faceless no-mark Osborne will get it (which I wouldn't like). If the country takes a lurch to the right I reckon May (she's lurched to right a long way in the last 5 years) and if by some miracle labour front up something with a personality Johnson will get it.

But great PR by Cameron. He announces the date he intends stepping down 5 years in advance. It heads off all challenges. Corbyn on the other hand will be under pressure to stand down every day he is in the job.

Why is that relevant. Well because when Thatchers and Blair stood down their heir got the flack for stabbing the leader in the back. Whop ever takes over from Cameron can do so with a handshake. Who ever takes over Labour will be damaged goods.

I'd like to see Boris get the job. He has the ability to talk to everyone. Georgie Boy is favourite but won't find favour in these parts. But I'm thinking 5 years is a long time in politics. Lots of time for a new face to make a name for the job that is looking like a shoe-in for the next Prime Minister.

But great PR by Cameron. He announces the date he intends stepping down 5 years in advance. It heads off all challenges. Corbyn on the other hand will be under pressure to stand down every day he is in the job.

Why is that relevant. Well because when Thatchers and Blair stood down their heir got the flack for stabbing the leader in the back. Whop ever takes over from Cameron can do so with a handshake. Who ever takes over Labour will be damaged goods.

I'd like to see Boris get the job. He has the ability to talk to everyone. Georgie Boy is favourite but won't find favour in these parts. But I'm thinking 5 years is a long time in politics. Lots of time for a new face to make a name for the job that is looking like a shoe-in for the next Prime Minister.

A pretty good summary I'd say.

I don't remember Brown being accused of stabbing Blair in the back..

Good thread Mister M but it could do with a poll.

A pretty good summary I'd say.

I'm with you on that, it sums it up nicely. Osborne looked very relaxed and absolutely on top of his rhetoric on Wednesday when he was taking questions after giving the Autumn Statement. He looked, dare I say it, Prime Ministerial.