Religion makes you meaner

Why don't people choose a nicer god, one that just frowns or at the most gives a loud 'tut'.

Which people? The ones who believe don't think they're going to be punished, the ones who don't believe don't think they're going to be punished. So nobody has an incentive to choose a nicer one... And the ones who made up the stories want to convince people who are a bit dim to believe, so they make it really bad if you don't...

As an atheist, it's not like I'm going to burn in hell for all eternity! :hihi:

Actually, as I understand it, nobody burns in hell for all eternity according to the Bible. Once in hell, you die a second death and that's about it, as opposed to the eternal life you get in heaven.

Which people? The ones who believe don't think they're going to be punished, the ones who don't believe don't think they're going to be punished. So nobody has an incentive to choose a nicer one... And the ones who made up the stories want to convince people who are a bit dim to believe, so they make it really bad if you don't...

.........:)

Actually, as I understand it, nobody burns in hell for all eternity according to the Bible. Once in hell, you die a second death and that's about it, as opposed to the eternal life you get in heaven.

What about warlocks? According to

, they are really bad... I bet they get three deaths.

Yeah, the adults are often no different from my experience.

Often self-obsessed, superior, sarcastic. I've met and worked with some thoroughly nasty pieces of work.

In my experience sarcasm isn't a common trait in Christians, I've found that many don't even get sarcasm.

Quite the opposite, the ones who are dislikeable (which isn't all Christians) I've found to be more pretentious rather than sarcastic.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 12:55 ----------

I would like to say sarcasm is not a negative. Quite the opposite.

Sarcasm can be negative or positive, when used right it can be a useful exercise in tuning childrens' BS detectors in preparation for all the similar stuff they'll come up against in life (including doorstep salespersons, religions, fraudulent investment schemes, general gossip, etc.)

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 12:56 ----------

What about warlocks? According to
, they are really bad... I bet they get three deaths.

I didn't watch that, I saw it come up and recognised it, is it the part where she tells the kids that Harry Potter is evil?

Edited by RootsBooster