Goodison family of Heeley

I'm doing my family history research and I would like to connect with any members of the Goodison family who lived in Heeley please.

In particular, any descendants of Ethel Goodison or her siblings, she was born in 1884 and was the daughter of John & Ellen Goodison (nee Atkin) of Carfield Road.

Ethel Goodison married Walter Wildgoose and had children Lily, Albert and Minnie and they lived in Florence Place, Heeley which was just off Gleadless Road.

Ethel sadly died in 1923 and her children were believed to have then lived with their Wildgoose relatives.

If anyone has any information I would be extremely grateful as I've been trying to find Ethel's relatives for some years now so this is a sort of last resort.

Regards.

Duffems

I'm doing my family history research and I would like to connect with any members of the Goodison family who lived in Heeley please.

In particular, any descendants of Ethel Goodison or her siblings, she was born in 1884 and was the daughter of John & Ellen Goodison (nee Atkin) of Carfield Road.

Ethel Goodison married Walter Wildgoose and had children Lily, Albert and Minnie and they lived in Florence Place, Heeley which was just off Gleadless Road.

Ethel sadly died in 1923 and her children were believed to have then lived with their Wildgoose relatives.

If anyone has any information I would be extremely grateful as I've been trying to find Ethel's relatives for some years now so this is a sort of last resort.

Regards.

Duffems

I went to Heeley Bank school with a Norma Wildgoose, in the early 50s.

By a strange coincidence we had a writer here at The Toronto Sun, with the same name.

Probably no connection.

I am one of the Goodisons from Heeley. I don't know the people you mentioned but I know my Grandfather was John Albert Goodison. We lived in Sheaf Terrace before it was knocked down for the bypass.

16 hours ago, PGHEELEY said:

I am one of the Goodisons from Heeley. I don't know the people you mentioned but I know my Grandfather was John Albert Goodison. We lived in Sheaf Terrace before it was knocked down for the bypass.

Perhaps your grandfather was a sibling of Ethel Goodison, I haven't got my research material with me. I believe they all li ved around the Heeley area. 

Regards, 

Duffems

Did they have a daughter called  Jean ?

Hi Duffems, I was at Newfield School with David and Roy Goodison.

I can't however remember just where they lived.

Thanks for your post vmam. The line I'm researching didn't have a daughter called Jean but, as they were a large Heeley family, I dare say they are related. 

Regards, 

Marlene

Hi vmam. My sister's name was June Goodison. We lived in Sheaf Tearrace. There was another branch of the Goodison  clan in Sheaf Terrace. There was Raymond, Lil, Irene, and Susan in that family.

There was a Goodison family on Basegreen Drive in the 60s/70s all I can remember was a daughter called Janet.

Goodisons were a Stannington family.

2 minutes ago, bazza63 said:

Goodisons were a Stannington family.

It appears there were 2 families, one in Stannington and one in Heeley, I'm descended from the Heeley one but, I never knew any of them because my father was "adopted" out of the family in 1923 so I'm not stirring up any recent history. 

Is there anyone descended from John and Ellen Goodison from Heeley? One of their daughters was Ethel born 1885.

Regards,

Duffems