Bath Tap tops re chrome..

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Sheffield to get 2 tap tops done?

Thanks

Re-chroming, I reckon, based on the thread title.

Ah, I read it as 'Bath taps Re: chrome'

Like the OP was talking about some chrome bath taps he/she had and wanted something doing to them.

The OP could try Firma-Chrome Ltd

(Soho Works, Saxon Rd, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S8 0XZ

0114 255 4343)

They mostly deal with batch work though and usually have a minimum charge (most likely more expensive than just buying new taps).

I did think about new taps but it means chipping 2 tiles off then pulling all the bath out from the wall, it'd be a major pain!

My own fault on destroying the taps, we have hard water and there was a build up of scale from the shower, so in I went with the metal scourer and 5mins later 2 ruined taps, then my GF walks in and suggested I should've used a vinegar soaked paper towel instead!

I did think about new taps but it means chipping 2 tiles off then pulling all the bath out from the wall, it'd be a major pain!

My own fault on destroying the taps, we have hard water and there was a build up of scale from the shower, so in I went with the metal scourer and 5mins later 2 ruined taps, then my GF walks in and suggested I should've used a vinegar soaked paper towel instead!

Try Firmachrome and ask if they can just hang them in with something else they are plating, which would be quite easy.

If you decide to get the taps rechromed, won`t you still have the pain of what you describe above (my bold) to gain access/removal of the taps? Also, I would imagine that you will have to be without taps for an amount of time that the rechroming is being done? Are the taps high quality /valuable? I bought some nice taps for bath & wash basin recently from tool station-around £20/22 per pair.

If you decide to get the taps rechromed, won`t you still have the pain of what you describe above (my bold) to gain access/removal of the taps? Also, I would imagine that you will have to be without taps for an amount of time that the rechroming is being done? Are the taps high quality /valuable? I bought some nice taps for bath & wash basin recently from tool station-around £20/22 per pair.

Hi

The tops come off seperately from the main body and being without isn't a problem as I have a shower.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Mirang-Bath-Filler-Tap-Chrome/p/195015

Please don't try Firma-Chrome as we don't do decorative chrome plating at all.

Prestige in Mexborough is where we'd recommend.

I can see what you are saying there. Not cheap taps either. It`s always best to wipe the taps down after use. That is what I do now since I had a similar issue with the scale.

Looks like a trip to Prestige in Mexborough, seems everyone and their dog rates them especially the classic car and biking fraternity.