Steel City Beer & Cider Festival : 21st-24th October 2015

Andy C

Well that was fun! (today at work won`t be!). :mad:

Some very good ale on show. Enjoyed judging some `specials` but golden bitters were dull in reality. Crafty Devil Mikey Rayer was a deserved winner and really liked the North Riding Red Citra which was 2nd. :love:

I just about managed to be sensible last night - very difficult with so many dark beers on! Saltaire Triple Chocoholic was my favourite, which worked very well with a nachos and mole sauce from the South American food van. Great venue, great staff and excellent organisation, all helped by the unseasonally warm night.

I just about managed to be sensible last night - very difficult with so many dark beers on! Saltaire Triple Chocoholic was my favourite, which worked very well with a nachos and mole sauce from the South American food van. Great venue, great staff and excellent organisation, all helped by the unseasonally warm night.

Yeah,that was third, wasn`t it? I don`t mind it but don`t think it`s in the same league as Cocoa Wonderland.

last minute changes to the beer list:

no shows:

Imperial ronnie pickering

Fownes goat rider

Toolmakers black edge

Toolmakers blue print

delivered late - on sale from Thursday

Barlow Carnival

Barlow Hoptician

To update, the Imperial Ronnie Pickering is being delivered this morning so will be available Friday, if not tonight.

Hope those of you that came down last night for the opening night enjoyed it, the festival is open again tonight from 5pm to 11pm with live music at 9pm.

Yeah,that was third, wasn`t it? I don`t mind it but don`t think it`s in the same league as Cocoa Wonderland.

No idea how anything scored, but I am not suprised to see it did quite well. I the Saltaire's dryness against the Wonderland's sweeter finish and, for me, a 4.8% ABV scores heavily over a 6.8% (at least the next day!).

Volunteered in the upper gallery last night, which was good fun. Started quiet but picked up around 7.30pm. Great selection of dark beers on up there - I particularly enjoyed the Great Heck Voodoo Mild, the Brass Castle Bad Kitty and the Bad Co Espresso Logic. The mole nachos also went down well. Will be nipping back tonight to sample a couple from the marquee, as I didn't even go in there yesterday.

Volunteered in the upper gallery last night, which was good fun. Started quiet but picked up around 7.30pm. Great selection of dark beers on up there - I particularly enjoyed the Great Heck Voodoo Mild, the Brass Castle Bad Kitty and the Bad Co Espresso Logic. The mole nachos also went down well. Will be nipping back tonight to sample a couple from the marquee, as I didn't even go in there yesterday.

The North Riding Red Citra is in the marquee. If it's still on it's the beer that really stood out for me.