Do you get away with using more then one bin?

just wondered if anyone here manages to get away with using more then one general waste bin for their house?

Where i am i managed to get hold of an extra bin for nothing and they both get emptied when ever i need both them emptying, at one time when i was renovating the house i had 3 bins! and they were all emptied without fail,

Any similar experiences in Sheff?

I'm sure it's perfectly possible and I'd do it too if I had to.

Luckily we just about get everything into one bin, but I need put on boots and get inside to compress it all down some weeks.

Here in Killamarsh we get a free green waste bin for garden waste, left over food and peelings. A red bin for paper, cardboard plastics and glass, and black household waste bin.

I never realised how much recycling I could do until I got them.

When I lived a mile or so down the road before I only had a black bin and small blue bin, the green bins were charged for.

Yea our recycling is pretty **** poor, if any of your plastics are 'food contaminated' then they'll just refuse to empty the bin.

Don't think they've ever refused to take it when it's had empty baked bean cans in it though??

Trick is to make sure you've got a layer of beer cans on the top of the bin, then you can stick what you like in there ;)

there are lots of people who use more than 1 black bin,i don't but many do,is it right or wrong is not for me to comment but it is done by many people in lots of areas

Yea our recycling is pretty **** poor, if any of your plastics are 'food contaminated' then they'll just refuse to empty the bin.

Don't think they've ever refused to take it when it's had empty baked bean cans in it though??

Trick is to make sure you've got a layer of beer cans on the top of the bin, then you can stick what you like in there ;)

The private company Veolia have managed to create a situation in which the general public do an aspect of their job for them for free!

I've just found out that the flats down the road have great big massive industrial bins that get emptied weekly. They've been a godsend to me since I found them ;)

The private company Veolia have managed to create a situation in which the general public do an aspect of their job for them for free!

I know they've got it pretty sweet.

I've had 2 black bins for nearly 2 years.

I used to when it was onyx i had two large black bins and a small black bin rarley used small one but always filled the other two with a large family it was easy done 20 years ago and never had an issue with them taking it ... saved a few trips to the tip haha

Yeah, next door's. ;)

Joke

Yeah, next door's. ;)

Joke

I'm wondering if you're my neighbour?