Investing money

• 2 weeks later...

how risky do you want to go?

I have invested in:

market speculation (etoro),

self select isa (hl),

land - get planning permission then sell /houses -rent or do up and sell (mark Jenkinson auctions),

Bitcoins (local Bitcoins or BitStamp),

peer to peer lending (Zopa or many others with better rates these days!).

It is very easy to loose money as well as make money. Some take more effort than others. Some of it is luck, some of it is determination and some of it is good research. Good luck.

Does anyone know of the best way of investing money?

I have an ISA which i think is useless.

The figure i`m talking about is £20k

As you are asking for financial advice and both the forum and the users are not regulated to offer such advice I have suggested to the moderator that this thread be moved/removed. It is not personal, I promise :hihi:

Does anyone know of the best way of investing money?

I have an ISA which i think is useless.

The figure i`m talking about is £20k

Long, medium, short term?

You want access or happy to keep in?

low risk low return?

High risk high return?

invest in business p2p.

6.2% yield...spread over 100 business.

Or invest in shares....

Invest in property....

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 11:10 ----------

As you are asking for financial advice and both the forum and the users are not regulated to offer such advice I have suggested to the moderator that this thread be moved/removed. It is not personal, I promise :hihi:

Why do you need to be 'regulated' to offer advice?

The disclaimer is invest money at own risk!

---------- Post added 15-09-2015 at 11:12 ----------

That reminds me...invest in yourself...the best person to offer advice is yourself...financial advisers are just as clueless.

There's nothing to stop people on a forum discussing ways of investing money and the pro's and con's, so long as everyone understands that it isn't formal advice.

well ok steveroberts.Enjoy your life.It must be a bundle of laughs having to go as low as reporting but hey ho :loopy::loopy:

My advice would be to spend your 20k wisely!

We now live in an era of zilch returns and you stand more chance of losing your money than gaining a return.Understand that the stock market is largely controlled by crooks and greedy clever people if you prefer!Investing in the form of Isa's and the many more financial "instruments" is a mugs game!.........the real money is creamed off in minuets by clever people /fees etc. This is all a game by governments to make you take risks with your money to boost the ecomomy.In days gone by, you could get a sensible return on savings,but because the world is run on credit,those days have gone and will never return.........Live for today and spend it on something unforgettable!