Sheffield Bus Partnership update

Just to clear this up for you, there are no price increases - the 28 day ticket priced at £42 (First only or Stagecoach only depending which you choose) will continue to be available, the £53 ticket is the Citywide valid on ALL buses and trams in Sheffield, which has been reduced in price. There is also a Citybus for those that want any bus but don't need tram, priced at £49.

So the new choice of 28 day tickets....

First Month Sheffield £44

Stagecoach Sheffield bus only Megarider £42

Stagecoach Sheffield bus+tram Megarider £46

Citybus - bus only £49

Citywide - bus+tram £53

Travelmaster - bus, train + tram £85.30

Previously I had a Stagecoach monthly which cost me £42.

Due to Stagecoach cutting their services so much near me (87 route) I now need a city bus ticket and even with that the buses are less frequent.

So yes you are correct they have not put prices up but for me it will cost £7 a month more for a less frequent service.

Also have to put up with the ancient dirty old buses first run on the 85 route but thats just me being fussy!

Previously I had a Stagecoach monthly which cost me £42.

Due to Stagecoach cutting their services so much near me (87 route) I now need a city bus ticket and even with that the buses are less frequent.

So yes you are correct they have not put prices up but for me it will cost £7 a month more for a less frequent service.

Also have to put up with the ancient dirty old buses first run on the 85 route but thats just me being fussy!

Indeed, if you are being forced to trade up then it is a back door fares increase I guess.

There should be less old First buses on the road come next week as the new network sees First's peak vehicle in service requirement reducing by about 30, allowing them to get rid of the oldest vehicles in the Sheffield fleet.

The Hutcliffe Wood corridor has been a funny one - for a while before Stagecoach launched the 87 the only bus was the TM Travel 293 that ran every 30-60 minutes with no evening or Sunday service, that route went out of business when the corridor was flooded with high frequency 87s offering low fares. I'm guessing the service level on the 87 proved unsustainable.

---------- Post added 28-10-2015 at 09:46 ----------

No. What was SYPTE (as a bus operation, at least) was renamed Mainline; and it was then sold to First Group.

The Company that is now First South Yorkshire Limited.

Indeed, if you are being forced to trade up then it is a back door fares increase I guess.

There should be less old First buses on the road come next week as the new network sees First's peak vehicle in service requirement reducing by about 30, allowing them to get rid of the oldest vehicles in the Sheffield fleet.

The Hutcliffe Wood corridor has been a funny one - for a while before Stagecoach launched the 87 the only bus was the TM Travel 293 that ran every 30-60 minutes with no evening or Sunday service, that route went out of business when the corridor was flooded with high frequency 87s offering low fares. I'm guessing the service level on the 87 proved unsustainable.

---------- Post added 28-10-2015 at 09:46 ----------

The Company that is now First South Yorkshire Limited.

I think you are probably right we were spoilt before.

In fairness its not that longer walk for many to the 76 route.

Does anyone happen to know if the arrangement of FirstMainline / Stagecoach accepting each other's passes on the 120 and 52 is going to continue?

Nothing has been announced directly referencing this but I suspect the new Citybus ticket may be replacing that arrangement.

---------- Post added 28-10-2015 at 09:52 ----------

I think you are probably right we were spoilt before.

In fairness its not that longer walk for many to the 76 route.

Personally I'll be interested to see if usage of buses from Chancet Wood improves with the more direct route into town.