Kids Company charity

Just noticed that the latest BBC article on Kids Company "Do the sums add up? by Chris Cook has been censored.

It had 181 HYS comments with a lot of people attacking Alan Yentob and his role in it and they have all now disappeared.

Just noticed that the latest BBC article on Kids Company "Do the sums add up? by Chris Cook has been censored.

It had 181 HYS comments with a lot of people attacking Alan Yentob and his role in it and they have all now disappeared.

no surprise there then, the whole thing was a "luvvie" set up to make the great and the good feel oh so good about themselves whilst using it like a private money box for pet projects, Yentob and batwomen should be charged with fraud and imbezzlement:mad:

no surprise there then, the whole thing was a "luvvie" set up to make the great and the good feel oh so good about themselves whilst using it like a private money box for pet projects, Yentob and batwomen should be charged with fraud and imbezzlement:mad:

If the police investigations find the evidence to show thats whats happened.

They were giving kids thousands of pounds to spend on weed and trainers. This is why I am very suspicious of charities in general.

A very silly post. You cannot generalise about hugely diverse charitable organisations by the apparent behaviour of some in one organisation.

A very silly post. You cannot generalise about hugely diverse charitable organisations by the apparent behaviour of some in one organisation.

Its happ hazard and Sheffield forums ofc people can generalise and reach conclusions on no basis other than their general prejudices.

This is indeed embarrassing for Cameron. But he was trying to support what looked, on the face of it, a good cause doing good work. He can't be expected to know what the kids spent the money on.

On another note - It's called Kids' Club - what were 20 year olds getting money for? Hardly kids.

---------- Post added 07-08-2015 at 08:48 ----------

It sure was that. I always worry about people who dress in a ridiculous attire to draw attention to themselves or who use it to polyfilla over character flaws or try to give themselves a character/make a statement

Oh dear, you'd have serious concerns about me then. But there's no need. Really. I like drawing attention to myself on an occasional basis and making a statement. I'm really good with finances though and would have ensured this charity handled its finances appropriately, despite my appearance.

S

no surprise there then, the whole thing was a "luvvie" set up to make the great and the good feel oh so good about themselves whilst using it like a private money box for pet projects, Yentob** and batwomen should be charged with fraud and imbezzlement

** ...who is in both camps (BBC and KC), remember.

** ...who is in both camps (BBC and KC), remember.

which makes it even worse, thats prob why she got so much free airtime on the BBC?

---------- Post added 28-10-2015 at 08:08 ----------

If the police investigations find the evidence to show thats whats happened.

which is what i hope will happen although it will probably be put down to incompetence and willful neglect!

Just seen on the news where the government was told over 10 years ago it wasawaste of money and there was better charities to put money,someone needs to answer these questions.

It beggars belief how the ridiculous looking woman managed to con successive governments in to wasting tax payers money on what looked nothing more than a playground for yobs .

It beggars belief how the ridiculous looking woman managed to con successive governments in to wasting tax payers money on what looked nothing more than a playground for yobs .

It now transpires that the charity received at least £46m of public money over the years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34668760

Public money, whether from the Government or a local Council should not be given to prop up charities. If they cant survive on public donations then then should not be in a charitable business.

On the Times on line website some wag has posted, in effect, you can't sweep this under the carpet because she's wearing the carpet !