Sheffield Roads Damage Claims?

I bought a motorcycle thats a year old with only 3000 miles on the clock and took it for a full service just for good measure. I only take it out on a sunny day or sundays for a bit of a treat and have done about 3000 in a year. The bike however, is now developing major rattles and battle scar's from the immense pot holes that the bike has had to tackle.

It really took a some major damage yesterday where on Sheaf St they have removed the road surface but left the drain covers which are now about 8 inches off the ground and it nearly took me off my bike. As im now worried about if my bike is safe im gonna have to take it for another service.

Can i claim compensation for the damage to my bike without having a life threatening accident? :help:

Not a chance mate.

Ive had substantial bills due to excessive wear and tear caused by the roads being a poor state. I just sold the car and bought a better one that can handle the crap roads. Youre peeing into the wind if you think SCC will give you a penny.

I bought a motorcycle thats a year old with only 3000 miles on the clock and took it for a full service just for good measure. I only take it out on a sunny day or sundays for a bit of a treat and have done about 3000 in a year. The bike however, is now developing major rattles and battle scar's from the immense pot holes that the bike has had to tackle.

It really took a some major damage yesterday where on Sheaf St they have removed the road surface but left the drain covers which are now about 8 inches off the ground and it nearly took me off my bike. As im now worried about if my bike is safe im gonna have to take it for another service.

Can i claim compensation for the damage to my bike without having a life threatening accident? :help:

Caution raised ironworks is the usual sign they put in place.

Was one present?

Caution raised ironworks is the usual sign they put in place.

Was one present?

Im not sure tbh!

Its difficult to prove that any minor damage was caused by the roads unless i have an accident report and an insurance claim. The roads are definitely damaging the bike though.

I just wondered if anyone on here had experienced the same?

Is the OP for real or what?

"The council" is not some abstract thing, what you're in effect wanting to do is get us, council tax payers to pay for repairs to your substandard bike that doesn't have the rigour to cope with being ridden on the roads.

Is the OP for real or what?

"The council" is not some abstract thing, what you're in effect wanting to do is get us, council tax payers to pay for repairs to your substandard bike that doesn't have the rigour to cope with being ridden on the roads.

Bless. Was that your first attempt at trolling?

Under normal circumstances (usually with your common or garden pothole), if the council can show that the road in question was inspected withing the legal timeframe (depends on the use of road), your claim will come to nothing.

In this instance, the road in question will (presumably) have warning signs about the raised ironworks. So your claim will fail.

Bless. Was that your first attempt at trolling?

The OP is clearly exaggerating about the state of the roads....."immense potholes". lol.

If he thought they were so bad, did he HAVE to use those particular roads? or why didn't he take more care on them, i.e ride more slowly or take care to avoid the potholes.

People like the OP are why the west is going to pot. Everyone's so hard done to and entitled. :roll: