What people dislike most about politicians

With me, it's when they don't answer the question, divert it and go rambling on

I agree, they always seem to answer the question they won't someone to ask, instead of the question that was actually asked.

Then when two different MP's are asked the same question and the answered doesn't involve opinion, they give different answers meaning one or both are lying.

I agree.

But it would help if we had interviewers that asked a straight question. You can tell within two or three questions what they want to trap them into.

Who, what, where, why, when was the last time you heard one of these words at the start of a question?

Too many like the classic - Are you still beating your wife?

I agree.

But it would help if we had interviewers that asked a straight question. You can tell within two or three questions what they want to trap them into.

Who, what, where, why, when was the last time you heard one of these words at the start of a question?

Too many like the classic - Are you still beating your wife?

Good point.

Can you imagine PM's question time or any political debate if all they were allowed to reply was Yes or No. Their little empty heads would pop!

Journos are looking for a sound bite. Politicians are trying to give them the one they want to get across. They need to be very guarded in what they say in case they make a slight joke or slip of the tongue. A bit like the brilliant scientist who has been destroyed for daring to suggest that girls cry.

A bit like the brilliant scientist who has been destroyed for daring to suggest that girls cry.

Brilliant. A thread about why politicians are so disliked, including that they are such liars, attracts a total lie. The scientist resigned because he's a misogynist. He said he falls in love with women and therefore work places should be segregated.

You'd make a good (despised) politician.

Without doubt that has to be top of my list too.

And for the most part they are utter liars.

Probably not true.

They don't always tell the truth . Which is a different thing.

A 'yes' or 'no' answer shows it was a rubbish question.

Are you still beating you wife?

---------- Post added 16-06-2015 at 08:37 ----------

Brilliant. A thread about why politicians are so disliked, including that they are such liars, attracts a total lie. The scientist resigned because he's a misogynist. He said he falls in love with women and therefore work places should be segregated.

You'd make a good (despised) politician.

You don't do bad yourself.

The actual quote . . . “Let me tell you about my trouble with girls. Three things happen when they are in the lab. You fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticise them, they cry,” Sir Tim Hunt.

“I stood up and went mad,” he admits. “I was very nervous and a bit confused but, yes, I made those remarks – which were inexcusable – but I made them in a totally jocular, ironic way.

He wasn't talking personally as your mis-quote says - Does that make you a liar?

Edited by Flanker7