How do i get petrol out of my car

hi i need to get the petrol out of my old car into my new one. i have tried siphoning the fuel with a pipe but think there is an anti siphon device on the car.

any help appreciated

the car is a skoda felicia if that make a difference lol

thanks for reading

How much petrol are you talking about 1/4 tank etc! 20 years ago you could siphon from most cars but nowadays it's not worth thinking about! But probably someone will know how to do it.

Edited by allwednesday

More than likely there will be a bung under the tank, remove and the juice will run out. Be very careful, no sparks or any kind of heat, petrol is very very easy to ignite.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

hi i need to get the petrol out of my old car into my new one. i have tried siphoning the fuel with a pipe but think there is an anti siphon device on the car.

any help appreciated

thanks for reading

Try disconnecting feed pipe from under bonnet ,that's how I siphoned my old Laguna

any help appreciated

thanks for reading

Check your spare tyre. There is normally a small attachment pipe located somewhere near that is used to open the tank so you can fill with a can. You would use this to syphon the fuel.

3/4 of a tank lol

if your scrapping car just put a screwdriver through tank

Going to remove the fuel sensor under the back seat and siphon from the top just got to workout how to siphon the fuel without a mouth full of petrol any ideas thought of a hand pump but need one today and don't know where to buy one thought of a drill pump but it says not suitable for petrol

You could probably buy something from ECP or Halfords.

but then you're spending money to try and save some money, and in the end it's probably abit pointless.

Easiest way is disconnect the feed pipe to the fuel rail under the bonnet and turn the ignition on.... the fuel pump will empty the tank for you into whatever hose or receptacle you have ready.

Don't start the car and be careful of sparks. Doesnt work on cars with a mechanical fuel lift pump but if it's an electric one you are laughing.