Are you still running your heating?

Is it just me, or are other people still running their central heating in Sheffield despite it being mid May?

I'm no whimp, I much prefer to be cool, rather than warm. Many of my working hours are spent outdoors whatever the weather.

We live in a temperate climate, so nothing is certain - But I can't remember having the heating going so late!

Nope- ours went off about 3 weeks ago and I don't anticipate turning it on until the end of October(ish) when it normally goes on.

We've got a couple of little halogen heaters if we get really cold between now and then, but mostly we'll put on a jumper.

Our heating is still on but the stats turned down quite low. I have noticed over the past couple of weeks the heatings been on in a morning when I get up at 6.30, so the nights must have been pretty chilly.

Is it just me, or are other people still running their central heating in Sheffield despite it being mid May?

I'm no whimp, I much prefer to be cool, rather than warm. Many of my working hours are spent outdoors whatever the weather.

We live in a temperate climate, so nothing is certain - But I can't remember having the heating going so late!

Yes, it's on thermostat anyway, so it will remain on the same setting all year round.

It's been in the low double digits during the day at some points recently, and down to 7 degrees overnight is forecast for the coming week.

The fact that it's May doesn't actually make 7 degrees feel warm when you get out of bed in the morning!

---------- Post added 20-05-2015 at 11:54 ----------

Yep, I've turned the thermostat up n down so much the past few weeks, its making me dizzy. I haven't the will to turn it totally off yet cos I am a wimp, and I much prefer to be too warm rather than cold.

Errr? why? Isn't the point of a thermostat that you set it to the temp you want and then leave it.