If 66 percent of people wanted me off sheffield forum..

What a rant, you sound like a right tosser!

Not really, he's got a point. People are only banging on about PR and other voting systems because their party of choice lost the election. If they had won, they wouldn't be giving it a second thought.

Funny how the subject of PR on Sheffield Forum didn't crop up until after the election; I don't recall any threads from Tory or Labour supporters denouncing the current FPTP system even considering the polls at the time predicted a hung parliament in terms of votes cast that wouldn't have equated to a hung parliament in the number of seats won.

It's getting tiring. If it's that much of an issue, then people should vote for the party that wants to change the system at the next election - if there is one. Chances are it's only the little parties that would campaign for such a change, hoping that they can garner support on that policy and quietly sweep the other policies that don't win elections under the carpet.

Their just mad because there not going to get any increase in their free money.

Does anyone know what the results would have been if we'd had av?

Guest sibon
Their just mad because there not going to get any increase in their free money.

I'm just mad because the Tories have overseen a collapse in the standard of spelling, punctuation and grammar in the posts on SF.

Their, there, they're.

---------- Post added 17-05-2015 at 23:34 ----------

UKIP would have held Tonypandy.

Is that Aston Villa, Aston Ham or West Villa? You're great leader is a bit confused when it comes to football.

Here

The tories won fair and square. People will have the next 10 years or so to get used to it ;)

---------- Post added 17-05-2015 at 23:44 ----------

I'm just mad because the Tories have overseen a collapse in the standard of spelling, punctuation and grammar in the posts on SF.

If that's all you've got to worry about pal then be my guest and knock yourself out ;)

No, because AV depends upon a second choice and we don't have a true idea of what people would have selected.

This guy here had a stab at it:

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/generalelection/would-the-conservatives-have-been-better-off-under-av/

His results:

Conservatives: 311 (281 seats in forecast)

Labour: 244 (267 seats in forecast)

Liberal Democrats: 26 (26 seats in forecast)

SNP: 47 (51 seats in forecast)

Plaid Cymru: 2 (4 seats in forecast)

Greens: 1 (1 seats in forecast)

UKIP: 0 (1 seats in forecast)

Is that Aston Villa, Aston Ham or West Villa? You're great leader is a bit confused when it comes to football.

That's quite funny.

Tories had 36.9% of votes cast.

33% of the country couldn't even be bothered to vote, more than the amount of people who voted for Labour.

Not sure how you can transfer that to a hypothetical leadership race on SF :)

Not that they couldn't be bothered, it's because they didn't want to! If you don't believe in the system, why should you?

Not that they couldn't be bothered, it's because they didn't want to! If you don't believe in the system, why should you?

Oh really?

I know one person who didn't vote because they didn't even know it was the election, which I found staggering.

If you think all those non voters did so in a show of defiance against the system, then you are out of touch with reality.

Not that they couldn't be bothered, it's because they didn't want to!

How do you know that it was because they didnt want to? There may be many resaons why someone doesnt vote of which ONE could be didnt want to

Oh really?

I know one person who didn't vote because they didn't even know it was the election, which I found staggering.

If you think all those non voters did so in a show of defiance against the system, then you are out of touch with reality.

I know people that had never voted in their life before, yet they voted UKIP this time, because they actually believed Nigel Farage would deport all the Muslims.

I never said all none voters did it as a protest.