If 66 percent of people wanted me off sheffield forum..

Guest sibon

I think the way the cards are getting restacked they might be OK for 5 years after that as well...

You should learn a lesson from the past.

Small majorities are poison. Especially for divided parties like the Tories.

This might just turn out to be a great result for Labour. After all, it took the Tories 24 years to gain a majority after the Major government fiasco.

This might just turn out to be a great result for Labour. After all, it took the Tories 24 years to gain a majority after the Major government fiasco.

Parliament is a different place to what is was 20 odd years ago. It's chock full of political professionals who tow the party line. I don't see many upsets with the exception of hs2 and Europe.

Guest sibon

Stephen Bush over at the New Statesman has written an interesting article about the mountain that faces Labour at the next election.

<snip a load of plagiarism>

Why have you tried to pass off Stephen Bush's writing as your own?

If you had linked to it like this, that would be fine.

But to copy and paste it into your own text, is intellectually dishonest. I guess that sums you up though.

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 23:43 ----------

Parliament is a different place to what is was 20 odd years ago. It's chock full of political professionals who tow the party line. I don't see many upsets with the exception of hs2 and Europe.

I see the Tories attempting to kill Labour off with the Northern Powerhouse. It is a very clever idea and without a clever response, it might be the end of the current Labour Party.

Edited by sibon

Not technically true. If the other parties decide to vote against the Tories, including a small number of Tories, they will have to resign due to a vote of no confidence in the government.

That is hilarious. I'm just trying to imagine why any other party except Labour might want another election.

SNP have all bar 3 seats in Scotland. Why would they risk that position to allow their chief opponents to regain ground?

The parties in Ireland are pretty well set and can't afford another campaign. Neither can the Libdems who lost most of the party funds on lost deposits Do you think Labour might lend them the odd million?

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 23:51 ----------

Keep telling yourself that if it stops you taking an overdose.

But to copy and paste it into your own text, is intellectually dishonest. I guess that sums you up though.

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 23:43 ----------

I see that Tories attempting to kill Labour off with the Northern Powerhouse. It is a very clever idea and without a clever response, it might be the end of the current Labour Party.

I like the northern powerhouse idea, it's just lacking in substance.

Guest sibon
T

Keep telling yourself that if it stops you taking an overdose.

No overdose for me. A Tory government will probably improve my standard of living.

That isn't the way that I decide my vote though.

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 23:54 ----------

I like the northern powerhouse idea, it's just lacking in substance.

It is a fine idea. It needs detail and proper funding, but it has legs, that's for sure.

Yes I can see how starting my post to the link "Stephen Bush over at the New Statesman has written an interesting article"... might cause confusion to the terminally thick .

Guest sibon
Yes I can see how starting my post to the link "Stephen Bush over at the New Statesman has written an interesting article"... might cause confusion to the terminally thick .

Only the terminally thick would link to it, then copy and paste it without any clear attribution.

Unless you were hoping that we'd all think that you'd written it, despite the clear improvement in spelling, punctuation and grammar.:rolleyes:

I wish people would get over the fact that tories are in.

We've another 5 years and it's not going to change any sooner. Get used to it!

Well said. and presently there is no other party that looks as though it could challenge them even in 5 years. Labour are still the pary of alleged traitors and war criminals that screwed up the whole economy and still won't admit it or apologise for it. Ukip are in disarray and the libdems have all but gone.

Surely with a multiple choice vote, or any vote should i say, the person with the most votes wins?

Thats how we have always done it.

we vote for who we want to win, not who we dont want.

No some of us are prepared to vote tactically to try and prevent a party we don't want getting a particular seat.

Their majority is 11 seats so they've got a few to spare in bi-elections.

Which will hopefully be enough for the next 5 years.

Also there is the sheffield hallam election to replace clegg which could go to the conservatives now that people are less concerned about it becoming a labour seat.

This is more tongue in cheek, but I want to run as leader for SF, 66 percent of people object by picking someone else, but 34 percent pick me, should I be allowed to run the forum...

This is how David Cameron is running the country with 66 percent not wanting the tories in.

The 2015 election results under a PR voting system:

CON 244

LAB 201

UKIP 83

LD 52

SNP 31

Greens 25

DUP 3

PC 3

SF 3

UUP 2

SDLP 2

Alliance 1

But obviously it would probably look different to this because peoples voting might change if they knew the system was strictly proportional.

FPTP is totally undemocratic 2015 for example.

UKIP - 4 million votes 1 MP

SNP - 1.5 million votes 56 MP's

Well said. and presently there is no other party that looks as though it could challenge them even in 5 years. Labour are still the pary of alleged traitors and war criminals that screwed up the whole economy and still won't admit it or apologise for it. Ukip are in disarray and the libdems have all but gone.

Thats how we have always done it.

No some of us are prepared to vote tactically to try and prevent a party we don't want getting a particular seat.

Which will hopefully be enough for the next 5 years.

Also there is the sheffield hallam election to replace clegg which could go to the conservatives now that people are less concerned about it becoming a labour seat.

Nick Clegg has not resigned as an MP, so why would there be a by election?

The 2015 election results under a PR voting system:

CON 244

LAB 201

UKIP 83

LD 52

SNP 31

Greens 25

DUP 3

PC 3

SF 3

UUP 2

SDLP 2

Alliance 1

But obviously it would probably look different to this because peoples voting might change if they knew the system was strictly proportional.

FPTP is totally undemocratic 2015 for example.

UKIP - 4 million votes 1 MP

SNP - 1.5 million votes 56 MP's

That feels like the government we should have. Everyone's vote seems to count in this system. As it stands Greens, and other minority parties would hardly ever get more than 5 mps.