The antics of certain cyclists in Sheffield.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959902/Woman-cyclist-30s-crushed-death-tipper-truck-central-London-rush-hour-crash.html

Truck driver didnt know what happened...several more cyclists killed by unknowing truck drivers who could not see or respond to a cyclist.

You shouldn't filter up the inside of a truck, but that doesn't mean that truck drivers are generally unable to see cyclists (which is what you claimed).

They have specific blind spots, and any sensible cyclist knows where these are and doesn't go into them.

I'd already told you what happened.

Yes, and?..

I didnt see much wrong, indicator incident granted, in your vid. You were too far central at certain points and not keeping up with the flow of traffic. The road narrows at certain points too.

And THIS is why you should be forced to ride a bike before you are allowed to drive a car.

With video evidence of dangerous overtaking you "don't see much wrong".

I was most definitely NOT far too central. In the video I posted I was to the left of the tram track. I was not even in the primary position, although I have every right to use the entire lane!

Of course I'm not doing 30 mph up hill.

The road does narrow. Well spotted. And that means cars SHOULD NOT overtake me at those points.

I hope you don't drive, you're demonstrating exactly the failure of comprehension and ability that kills cyclists.

What makes you so certain of that?

Why would you think that they don't? Are they all lying now?

You shouldn't filter up the inside of a truck, but that doesn't mean that truck drivers are generally unable to see cyclists (which is what you claimed).

They have specific blind spots, and any sensible cyclist knows where these are and doesn't go into them.

What would be your assessment of this particular accident?

50/50?

All the driver?

All the cyclists

How ever you view it though i hope you spare a thought for the truck driver. He must be going through hell right now.

No i said its hard for truck drivers to see cyclists. Hence why several are crushed every year.

Yes, and?..

And that's why your questions were practically accusing me of lying about it, since I'd already stated what had happened.

---------- Post added 15-05-2015 at 11:08 ----------

No i said its hard for truck drivers to see cyclists. Hence why several are crushed every year.

No, there are specific blind spots. But otherwise truck drivers have eyes that work just like everyone else. Cyclists are not camouflaged and can be clearly seen when not in the blind spots.

---------- Post added 15-05-2015 at 11:10 ----------

What would be your assessment of this particular accident?

50/50?

All the driver?

All the cyclists

How ever you view it though i hope you spare a thought for the truck driver. He must be going through hell right now.

I don't think we have all the facts.

If the cyclist had gone up the side of the lorry whilst it was stationary then it was probably their own fault. The lorry driver simply cannot see into that blind spot.

If the lorry came alongside the cyclist who was already waiting at the junction, then it's entirely the lorries fault as he has a clear view on the approach to the junction and no excuse.

Without knowing which happened though, it's impossible to say, and tragic for the cyclist.

And THIS is why you should be forced to ride a bike before you are allowed to drive a car.

With video evidence of dangerous overtaking you "don't see much wrong".

I was most definitely NOT far too central. In the video I posted I was to the left of the tram track. I was not even in the primary position, although I have every right to use the entire lane!

Of course I'm not doing 30 mph up hill.

The road does narrow. Well spotted. And that means cars SHOULD NOT overtake me at those points.

I hope you don't drive, you're demonstrating exactly the failure of comprehension and ability that kills cyclists.

Why would you think that they don't? Are they all lying now?

I asked how can you be so certain all cyclists on this thread are riding safely?

And that's why your questions were practically accusing me of lying about it, since I'd already stated what had happened.

Not sure i accused you of lying although id be happy to take that back if you show me?

Seems to me cyclists blame car drivers solely for riding unsafely on roads despite evidence to the contrary. They cant take criticism or constructive feedback regarding tests. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are.

I asked how can you be so certain all cyclists on this thread are riding safely?

He cant and he knows he cant. Its like me saying i know all the car drivers posting on here are 100% safe and legal drivers. Drivers who dont drive dangerously and all their cars are in tip top nik.

Id be lying if i made that statement. All i can say is im 100% legal, safe and never had so much as parking fine let alone a speeding/dangerous driving/other infraction ticket.

---------- Post added 15-05-2015 at 11:08 ----------

No, there are specific blind spots. But otherwise truck drivers have eyes that work just like everyone else. Cyclists are not camouflaged and can be clearly seen when not in the blind spots.

---------- Post added 15-05-2015 at 11:10 ----------

I don't think we have all the facts.

If the cyclist had gone up the side of the lorry whilst it was stationary then it was probably their own fault. The lorry driver simply cannot see into that blind spot.

If the lorry came alongside the cyclist who was already waiting at the junction, then it's entirely the lorries fault as he has a clear view on the approach to the junction and no excuse.

Without knowing which happened though, it's impossible to say, and tragic for the cyclist.

Imo nobody on the road is faultless. Its the hypocrisy and holier than thou attitude of cyclists like urself thats as much a danger to cyclists as car or truck drivers, and knowing who is technically right or wrong isnt going to mean much lying in a morgue.

Well, pretty much all of them have advocated riding in a manner that is consistent with the Highway Code. There have however been a number of people who have implied that in a dangerous situation where a driver is not driving in accordance with the Highway Code, then it's probably the cyclist's fault.