Penistone Rd/Halifax Rd breaking up.

Have just been up Halifax Rd past the new Sainsburys.The new tarmac is already wearing and the old road showing through.More traffic chaos to come whilst the road gets repaired.

It's been like that for a while now.I think that stretch of road was a rush job so it would look good for when the supermarket opened.

No all the new roads are the same its to make it look like your tax monies are being put to use, same games as always.

Has anyone reported the damaged road surface, or are you just content to sit around and moan about it??

According to the map on the Streets Ahead project site, they're not due to commence full resurfacing work on Penistone Road until August this year.

So whatever they've done for now probably is intended to be a temporary fix pending that.

Has anyone reported the damaged road surface, or are you just content to sit around and moan about it??

There are too many potholes on my journey to memorise their locations. i have to make a mental note of where they are so I can avoid them on my bike, but I couldn't tell you where they are. There are plenty of full on craters in the road that would easily throw me off if my front wheel went into them, and more seem to appear every time I ride.

I travel down Claywheels Lane and past Sainsburys but I can't say i've noticed that area being particularly bad.

I don't think Sheffield knows how to build and maintain roads.

According to the map on the Streets Ahead project site, they're not due to commence full resurfacing work on Penistone Road until August this year.

So whatever they've done for now probably is intended to be a temporary fix pending that.

Are you kidding me? So they rip out most of the road for the redesign and don't figure that it might be better for all involved, not least the accountant, to do the whole job properly and in one go? So we are due even more roadworks on one of our most crucial arteries? Wonderful. :rant::loopy:

SCC and Amey are fantastic at wasting money, they couldnt organise a picnic.