Amey gritting policy

I know its bit cold outside,, but not icy on my street. Amy's grittier has just gone past twice, dispensing grit???

yet when bad weather is forecast we never see them :loopy:

I know its bit cold outside,, but not icy on my street. Amy's grittier has just gone past twice, dispensing grit???

yet when bad weather is forecast we never see them :loopy:

Could have sworn I saw them every evening when temperatures were forecast to be at freezing or below in December / January.

Could have sworn I saw them every evening when temperatures were forecast to be at freezing or below in December / January.

Good heavens, where do you live? Think it was about 10 days we saw nothing of them on our bus route after the snow.

Good heavens, where do you live? Think it was about 10 days we saw nothing of them on our bus route after the snow.

Saw them coming down from School Road, Crookes on to Commonside whilst stood outside the Hallamshire having a pint and a fag.

I am pleasantly surprised to learn that Amey still has gritters.

Although I am not as surprised as I would be if they gritted near me.

Though I am not in the least bit surprised to hear they have been gritting when no bad weather has ben forecast.

I saw plentry of gritters about during the last spell of snow and icy weather.

as my car is covered in a thick layer of frost this morning it does suggest that it's been rather cold last night, perhaps the gritters were out because there was a high risk of icy roads this morning?

Soooo.... Amey gets it right and there was a frost & potential for icy conditions. Well done!

Soooo.... Amey gets it right and there was a frost & potential for icy conditions. Well done!

Kerching ;) Let's leave the decision to those who need to make it. Anybody who thinks Amey are going to spend tens of thousands of pounds based on nothing are living in a weird land.

Kerching ;) Let's leave the decision to those who need to make it. Anybody who thinks Amey are going to spend tens of thousands of pounds based on nothing are living in a weird land.

We've had snow in April before now, and I was in heavy hail shower at Fox House yesterday. This time the salt (not grit) wasn't needed, but it must be hard to get it right. Still, when the grtting lorry went up to Bradway school last night it was a surprise.

I got back from the match at Wolves late last night (on the coach) to find that the car had quite a layer of ice on the windscreen which was rather unexpected. Got it scraped off and drove up to Crookes, noticing that the roads although a bit slippery had all been gritted.

So well done Amey, I say.

Well this thread has backfired spectacularly on the person who started it.