Nobody wants to view my house ! :-(

We are selling our lovely home.

It has been on the market for 5 weeks and we have had no viewings at all !

We arranged an open viewing last Saturday..................not a sausage !

I am chasing up the estate agent every other day ...........still nothing !

We have now reduced the price from 210K to 199,500K, theory is that it will be picked up in the search criteria up to 200K..............still nothing !

It is a lovely, modern, spacious family home in a good location.

Private corner plot on a quiet cul-de-sac - couldn't wish for better neighbours.

The feedback we are getting is that it is due to the S5 postcode ?

I am now loosing the will to live - comments and advice please!!!

Put a link to the property on here so people can see the house and offer advice.

Is the price similar to the same kind of properties in the same area?

I'm going to guess Monteney Gardens.

If it is, is it this one http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48280798.html?

If so there is a 4 bed on there for £194,950 http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31733664.html

I looked an ex-council house opposite but it needed too much work for the price. Your close to Ecclesfield and I have to say the houses round there look nice. But some will be put off by the S5 postcode plus you are also competing with the likes of this: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-44839984.html?premiumA=true at £143, 995 its cheaper and a new build which for some will be all it takes even though its smaller.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48280798.html?

Thanks guys, yes this is ours.

If people actually come and have a look they will see that it is:-

Compared to new builds -

The estate/cul-de-sac is a lot smaller and more private.

The houses are not as close together and have more space to park

Ours is a corner plot - private enclosed large rear garden and patio area.

Compare to the 4 bed -

This will be a matter of personal preferance due to the position

Private corner plot with recently renewed fence installed.

Larger rooms (although 3 bedrooms)

Recent fully fitted modern new family bathroom

Recent fully fitted wardrobes in master bedroom

:help:

Have you asked Haybrook to give you a Rightmove report? It looks at how many people are looking at your property etc and might be useful.

Have more open days our first two no one came despite a main road location I advertised on all free selling sites and had one final open day one person came bought the house for full asking price

Dont give up it's just a case of getting the right buyer through the door

Good luck x

Have you asked Haybrook to give you a Rightmove report? It looks at how many people are looking at your property etc and might be useful.

yep, done this.

It's getting the hits on rightmove, people are ringing to enquire but not actually wanting to view.....

Try an new agent hay brook did not sell ours but another agent did REDBRIK sold it within 4 weeks

I know the owner Michael personally so if you Pm me I will pass him your details and he will give you an hours free review, also look at the brochure they produce compared to others.

Have more open days our first two no one came despite a main road location I advertised on all free selling sites and had one final open day one person came bought the house for full asking price

Dont give up it's just a case of getting the right buyer through the door

Good luck x

Yes, I think I'll request another open day, all I'm doing at the minute is hoovering, dusting, mopping etc.....lol

thanks x

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 12:51 ----------

Try an new agent hay brook did not sell ours but another agent did REDBRIK sold it within 4 weeks

I know the owner Michael personally so if you Pm me I will pass him your details and he will give you an hours free review, also look at the brochure they produce compared to others.

Hi, I'm afraid we are tied in for 20 wks in a sole selling agreement :(

O dear we had the same issues and after six months they tried to bill us until we wrote back to them !

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48280798.html?

Thanks guys, yes this is ours.

If people actually come and have a look they will see that it is:-

Compared to new builds -

The estate/cul-de-sac is a lot smaller and more private.

The houses are not as close together and have more space to park

Ours is a corner plot - private enclosed large rear garden and patio area.

Compare to the 4 bed -

This will be a matter of personal preferance due to the position

Private corner plot with recently renewed fence installed.

Larger rooms (although 3 bedrooms)

Recent fully fitted modern new family bathroom

Recent fully fitted wardrobes in master bedroom

:help:

I agree that yours looks more modern however for some the fact it is 4 bed and £5k cheaper will make them compare the two and see the 4 bed as the better option. Some may think the same as you in regards to modern fittings, but all though the other house isn't as modern it seems like it is usable (obviously not visited so can't be sure) it's not like it needs ripping out immediately.

To me if the house is presented well (yours seems good to me from the photos) but your not having any viewings then there is only one conclusion - the price is wrong. If the price was right I am sure you would have had a viewing by now.

I dont want to rain on your parade but to me it doesnt look anything special to me!!

The garden is also very small. Whats nice to you is proberly just run of the mill to others.