Nobody wants to view my house ! :-(

As some one who has bought houses via the internet IMHO the things not good on rightmove for your house are.

Solar panels no description of who owns FIT, how old etc

No garage description

Odd coloured garden fence, shed and small wooden structure.

Shaded back garden in pics not good.

Kitchen/dinning room looks lost no identity

Back garden not flat and looks awkward to cut grass

Orange wall in bedroom .

Tidy exterior but needs a clean

Study looks like a tiny living room.

No bath

Not meaning to sound negative just my opinion

Very good points, to be fair.

Maybe it depends where you are in S6 - certainly around the south road area of walkley, in s6, I have found it extremely difficult to buy, being outbid every time (even with over asking price offers).

I've been selling towards the lower end of Walkley Lane, it's not that far from South Road, but maybe it's enough to make a difference.

If I'm being really honest I wouldn't choose or even consider S5 if I was working within that budget. It's not the bestpposition for commuting to Manchester or South of Sheffield. It takes a while to get into the city centre and, please don't lynch me saying this... there are simply a lot more far more desirable areas of the city.

Other small niggles:

Definitely the lack of a bath

The shape of the kitchen- it's more of a gallery kitchen and that can be less family friendly.

For appeal- the picture of the solar panels should be taken with the sun on them.

But it comes down to location and price for me. I'd prefer to buy a 3 bed on the south west side for less money.

I would say it is at least £50.000 overpriced if a 4 bedroomed house which looks better can't sell at £143,000 and has been on market for a year. Also OP seems to have it on market since 2008. I don't live far from Monteney and nobody will buy in this area at that price

I would say it is at least £50.000 overpriced if a 4 bedroomed house which looks better can't sell at £143,000 and has been on market for a year. Also OP seems to have it on market since 2008. I don't live far from Monteney and nobody will buy in this area at that price

I think you have got a bit confused.

The 4 bed is on for £195k, the £143k I was referring to was one of the new build 3 bed detached Gleeson homes.

The one I linked to in 2008 is when I believe the OP bought it, not that it has been on the market since then. Without checking the thread I think they said it had been on for 5 weeks.

I've been selling towards the lower end of Walkley Lane, it's not that far from South Road, but maybe it's enough to make a difference.

I'm not sure, I have not looked too much at the lower end. Maybe I should, because buying at the upper end seems to be next to impossible due to the number of buyers competing for every house.

I just brought a house in S5 and i barter from £78000 to £61000. its a buyers market as it is hard to get a mortagage.

Try watch the program location, location then reduce the price to around £160,000 then you might get a few views. be ready to be barter down to £140,000ish as that will be the going rate for that area

Massively overpriced.

Sack Haybrooks off - awful estate agent.

I'm not sure, I have not looked too much at the lower end. Maybe I should, because buying at the upper end seems to be next to impossible due to the number of buyers competing for every house.

We're hopefully about to complete our sale, otherwise I'd have got you to come and view.

---------- Post added 19-03-2015 at 13:42 ----------

I think I'd have to agree with over priced.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33123666.html

this one is sold STC, 10k less, 1 bedroom more, has another reception room (dining room), and a full sized family bathroom with a bath.

---------- Post added 19-03-2015 at 13:44 ----------

I think that one is basically larger, looking at the dimensions as well.

If I'm being really honest I wouldn't choose or even consider S5 if I was working within that budget. It's not the bestpposition for commuting to Manchester or South of Sheffield. It takes a while to get into the city centre and, please don't lynch me saying this... there are simply a lot more far more desirable areas of the city.

Other small niggles:

Definitely the lack of a bath

The shape of the kitchen- it's more of a gallery kitchen and that can be less family friendly.

For appeal- the picture of the solar panels should be taken with the sun on them.

But it comes down to location and price for me. I'd prefer to buy a 3 bed on the south west side for less money.

Agreed, no bath is going to put a lot of families off straight away - which is most of your target audience.

I'd also look to get the garden photos retaken on a sunny day at noon - those photos make it appear as if it never sees the Sun (i appreciate the the photos were taken in the Winter).

May also be worth retaking the lounge photos, without that foot stool and the single armchair to the right. It looks too crowded at the moment.

Price...it's got to come down to compete with similar 3 beds in the area. No point in placing it up against similarly aged / styled 4 bed houses, given the choice which would you buy?

The Op hasn't been back for some time and they haven't reduced the price. I don't think they are going to reduce the price any time soon. The funny thing is there a new feature on Rightmove which shows nearby properties, one of which is this one in Grenoside: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40953461.html, which is a 3 bed detached with on for £165k.