Nobody wants to view my house ! :-(

The lack of a bath could put off some buyers, especially those with small children.

Go on to Rightmove and go to House Prices and then Sold House Prices. Put in your road and see what properties have recently sold for. The estate agent my have unrealistically raised your expectations.

I can tell you what the problem is....Haybrooks!

They are without doubt THE worst estate agent I've ever dealt with. We too tried to sell a house via Haybrooks and throughout the entire contracted period we were with them (which I believe was only 16 weeks back then), we didn't get one viewer! Whenever we complained, it was usually followed by a booking to view the house a few days after the complaint so we'd do the big 'show home' clean up, fresh flowers etc and wait in but no one would show up! They never called to update us on what they were doing, we only spoke when I called them.

Plus we requested to view a home on their books and we were told that it wouldn't be suitable for us due to the garden not matching what we'd previously told them we'd like. I told them that I'll be the judge of that on the viewing and apparently, the owners were away so a viewing was not possible! So, maybe people want to view your home but are being given the fob off by Haybrook???

As soon as the tie in period was up, we switched to Blundells (as we've sold a property through them previously) who got us 12 viewings over approx a 3 month period and subsequently sold the house.

Blundells are very good but expensive, however I do suppose you get what you pay for.

Fingers crossed that they book their ideas up and do a better job for you than they did for us, otherwise, just hang on in there and switch agents ASAP. Good luck

Edited by Grenoside123

I am now losing the will to live - comments and advice please!!!

Advice? Avoid Haybrooks (and Blundells) like the plague. If you switch agents and sell it in ten years time, these two will still chase after you for 'their' fee.

I can tell you what the problem is....Haybrooks!

They are without doubt THE worst estate agent I've ever dealt with. We too tried to sell a house via Haybrooks and throughout the entire contracted period we were with them (which I believe was only 16 weeks back then), we didn't get one viewer! Whenever we complained, it was usually followed by a booking to view the house a few days after the complaint so we'd do the big 'show home' clean up, fresh flowers etc and wait in but no one would show up! They never called to update us on what they were doing, we only spoke when I called them.

Plus we requested to view a home on their books and we were told that it wouldn't be suitable for us due to the garden not matching what we'd previously told them we'd like. I told them that I'll be the judge of that on the viewing and apparently, the owners were away so a viewing was not possible! So, maybe people want to view your home but are being given the fob off by Haybrook???

As soon as the tie in period was up, we switched to Blundells (as we've sold a property through them previously) who got us 12 viewings over approx a 3 month period and subsequently sold the house.

Blundells are very good but expensive, however I do suppose you get what you pay for.

Fingers crossed that they book their ideas up and do a better job for you than they did for us, otherwise, just hang on in there and switch agents ASAP. Good luck

Had some bad experiences with Haybrook for lettings. Blundells were not much better tbh.

I think most agents are just happy to get your money, and not do a great deal on the back-end.

The place we ended up buying was advertised through Hunters, they were really good to deal with to be fair.

If you asked for a viewing or some information they got straight on the case and phoned you back a couple of minutes later.

Made the process of putting in an offer and negotiating on price slightly weird, went back and forth a couple of times but took no longer than 15 minutes in total.

At first glance it seems ultra modern and well-designed, although not everyone wants ultra modern, of course.However, these things may be putitng people off:

The 'blurb' is amateurish - did the estate agent write this?

Only the main bedroom is a decent size - the other two are small (9' x 8' ish).

The wall-writing is squirmy - I'd get rid of it. The tangerine is a bit much, too.

Elaborating on this - there doesn't look to be anything wrong with the house or the way it's presented. It looks in good order. Yes the orange is maybe quite personal, but probably not something to worry about unnecessarily.

If it's in good nick, well presented and on Rightmove, then really the main problem will be the price (and by that I mean how it's priced for the area). It's still nearly £200k for a 3-bed, two of which are quite small. I'm not sure that changing estate agents would change the fundamental issue of the price /room number and size / location.

Did you get multiple valuations initially, and did you take an average, or the highest one?

To be fair, if you look at all the 3-bed Properties (on Rightmove, 180 in total) in S5, the OP's house is the most expensive.

And by 20 grand as well.

just to add some balance, we bought via Haybrooks (Hillsborough) and found them to be really good.

I have noticed properties have shot up in price in the last 6 months.

I am looking for a property in S6 but it seems everything has had £10k slapped on last years prices.

The economy is picking up but wages need to start going up before another property boom.

More than 10k I think, and most "sell" for well over asking prices (though often they seem to come back on the market a month later, not sure why - people bidding up so much they can't get a mortgage to match?)

Hi - some great feedback on here for you - the only thing I would add is to check your selling price to be a round number?

IE go for £195k or £200k - price increments go up by £5k on Rightmove, if someone is looking just over the £200k price range for eg and enters £200-£210k - then your house won't even come up in their search? If they are looking up to £200k which you say is the reason why you dropped to £199500, your house will still come up regardless if it was on at £200k so your house comes up in both searches?

That's some good advice I had which I thought would be useful to share.

Also, are you with Zoopla as well as Rightmove?

Edited by Bloobell67