Clarkson suspended by the BBC

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 20:12 ----------

....."Privately educated our Jeremy has never wanted for anything and there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever."

Why mention it then?

Because if I hadn't someone would have no doubt tried to make out that I was envious of his background.

The reason I mentioned it was in response to the 'poor Donny lad' comment from mossdog.

mossdog is probably fully aware that Clarkson is from a wealthy background but if not I was pointing it out to clear up any misunderstanding.

What puzzles me is the way things have changed so that someone like Clarkson wants to come across as ' a bit of a lad ' ' one of the boys ' ' streetwise ' instead of accepting he was fortunate, and having some pride in his family's ability to provide him with a first class education.

Tony Blair was the same, " I'm a regular kind of guy " in an estuary accent , no your not, your a duplicitous snake oil salesman.

The difference is illustrated by Margret Thatcher, a grocers daughter from Grantham putting on a cut glass accent trying to appear posh.

It's inverted snobbery and bloody daft if you ask me, who cares where you come from, are you a decent person and are you a contributor or a taker is the main thing.

OK, I'll spell it out. A celebrity goes back to a hotel long after the kitchen has closed for cooked meals and expects to be served a freshly cooked steak....that isn't available, but he is offered a plateful of charcuterie, at which point he kicks off like a spoilt brat and decks his producer.

Where's the evidence he decked him? Or or you trying to overegg the pudding?

OK, I'll spell it out. A celebrity goes back to a hotel long after the kitchen has closed for cooked meals and expects to be served a freshly cooked steak....that isn't available, but he is offered a plateful of charcuterie, at which point he kicks off like a spoilt brat and decks his producer.

It's unreasonable to expect the staff of a country hotel to stay up all night on the offchance that some overblown celeb might just want a cooked meal at 1 a.m. It's unreasonable to throw a tantrum when you are offered an alternative meal - still protein rich, meat based, etc, just not a steak. It's a first world problem because most of the world's population are glad simply to have a meal at all; most never get to eat steak.

He needs to get over himself, seriously.

Actually I'd say exactly the opposite. Clarkson had used that hotel many times. It is a regular stopover by the entire film crew when they are filming. So I would imagine a team of 15 or so folks booking into your hotel in the winter time is a big boost particularly as it seems they use the restaurant and bars. They didn't just drop by at 1am. They were booked in. The 1am is your invention as they arrived by helicopter at 10pm. This isn't some little backstreet hotel. It has a helipad.

So I would imagine that knowing you have a hotel full of regular high spending guests who (should have been) booked in for the evening meal is something you might ask the chef to stop over for. Because disappointing your guests means they become someone else's guests next time.

If the food is in the fridge it's no big deal to get someone to cook it. It seems that is exactly what the hotel did after the incident had passed.

Edited by purdy

Actually I'd say exactly the opposite. Clarkson had used that hotel many times. It is a regular stopover by the entire film crew when they are filming. So I would imagine a team of 15 or so folks booking into your hotel in the winter time is a big boost particularly as it seems they use the restaurant and bars. They didn't just drop by at 1am. They were booked in. The 1am is your invention as they arrived by helicopter at 10pm. This isn't some little backstreet hotel. It has a helipad.

So I would imagine that knowing you have a hotel full of regular high spending guests who (should have been) booked in for the evening meal is something you might ask the chef to stop over for. Because disappointing your guests means they become someone else's guests next time.

If the food is in the fridge it's no big deal to get someone to cook it. It seems that is exactly what the hotel did after the incident had passed.

Good post :thumbsup: . But TBF there's not as good a hotel nearby, mind you if you've got a Helicopter at your disposal...

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

It's going up at about 1000 signatures every few minutes. remarkable.

Je suis Clarkson

Well if he really duffed someone up he will have what's coming no doubt and deservedly in lots of peoples eyes!

However the reason for all the thousands of signatures every few minuets is that people are really voting against the political correctness religion that is strangling this country and which Clarkson rails against!

Well if he really duffed someone up he will have what's coming no doubt and deservedly in lots of peoples eyes!

However the reason for all the thousands of signatures every few minuets is that people are really voting against the political correctness religion that is strangling this country and which Clarkson rails against!

790,147 supporters....

Too true Carol.

I fully agree about the PC brigade. I can't stand Clarkson, but he is a bastion against the PC so I signed the petition.

However this is a very interesting report of the incident taken from witnesses and not reported in a lpaper that is politically controlled by Mirror Group or Murdoch.

http://www.keighleyonline.co.uk/new-section/regional-news/219-hawes-d-oeuvres-top-gear-clarkson-food-fight-at-dales-hotel.html

Jeremy Clarkson threw a 'child's tantrum' after arriving late at a Yorkshire Dales' Hotel by helicopter to find the restaurant was closed.

The crew and stars of the BBC motoring show had been booked in for a three day stay at the luxury 18th Century Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel, in Hawes.

Top Gear was filming at the nearby Buttertubs Pass, which was part of last year's Tour de France route, last week when the altercation between Clarkson and a producer occurred at the hotel.

According to hotel staff, who did not wish to be named, Clarkson was due to arrive by helicopter on Wednesday, 4th March at 8pm.

But the aircraft did not touch down on the helipad within the hotel grounds until after 10pm, by which time the restaurant had closed and the chef had gone home.

An irate Clarkson 'kicked off' with members of the crew and the general manager had to intervene to calm the situation.

Eventually Clarkson dined on a steak and peppercorn sandwich in the brasserie.

A barman, who witnessed the altercation, said:"Clarkson was too late for the restaurant because he didn't land until after 10pm.

"He wanted a full sit-down meal but that was not possible because the restaurant was shut.

"It was suggested he could have a cheese platter, a meat platter, soup, or another bar snack, but he was not having it.

"I didn't see any pushing or shoving but he was swearing and the manager was trying to calm the situation and come to some agreement.

"Clarkson was directing his anger to the BBC staff, not the hotel staff. I did not see any phyiscal contact."

Apparently, the BBC have used the Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel before, but it is not known whether Clarkson had visited in the past.

The Top Gear team where booked in from 4th to 6th March.

Another member of hotel staff said:"When Jeremy Clarkson left he thanked us for a nice stay, and said 'it's been really pleasant, apart from the obvious'.

"I would described his behaviour as a child's tantrum rather than anything violent."

Among the Top Gear crew who stayed at Simonstone Hall was production co-ordinator Emma Lawrence, who has worked on the show since May, last year.

Emma signed the guest book on the reception desk, writing:"A wonderful, friendly and extremely accommodating stay. Super star, the lot of you! Thank you so much!

Written by News Editor

Published: 11 March 2015

So the meal had been arranged for the party prior to the end of the days filming?

Probably for 8 or 8-30 within the chefs normal working day?

Jeremy decides to change the itinerary because he wants to stay longer in the pub.

Don't blame him, I've stayed in Hawes on a couple of occasions and it's got some great pubs.

The difference is however, that Jeremy then expects everyone else to change their plans to suit his spur of the moment whim.

The helicopter pilot was hoping to be home by 9, the chef was intending to be home by 10 but they are supposed to put their lives on hold because the great Jeremy Clarkson has decided to have a few more pints.

Ask yourself this, what would you have done if you were in his place?

Would you have done the same as him and ended up acting like a toddler and wind up suspended from a great job, or would you have asked one of your staff to phone the hotel and either accept the compromise meal or cancel and go to a local restaurant?

As well as good pubs Hawes also has some decent restaurants.

Also, what would you have felt about it if you had been the helicopter pilot, the chef, the hotel manager or the producer?

Clarkson has lost the run of himself, he appears to be under the impression that nobody else is entitled to a life or any respect, it's all about him and his immediate needs.

So the meal had been arranged for the party prior to the end of the days filming?

Probably for 8 or 8-30 within the chefs normal working day?

Jeremy decides to change the itinerary because he wants to stay longer in the pub.

Don't blame him, I've stayed in Hawes on a couple of occasions and it's got some great pubs.

The difference is however, that Jeremy then expects everyone else to change their plans to suit his spur of the moment whim.

The helicopter pilot was hoping to be home by 9, the chef was intending to be home by 10 but they are supposed to put their lives on hold because the great Jeremy Clarkson has decided to have a few more pints.

Ask yourself this, what would you have done if you were in his place?

Would you have done the same as him and ended up acting like a toddler and wind up suspended from a great job, or would you have asked one of your staff to phone the hotel and either accept the compromise meal or cancel and go to a local restaurant?

As well as good pubs Hawes also has some decent restaurants.

Also, what would you have felt about it if you had been the helicopter pilot, the chef, the hotel manager or the producer?

Clarkson has lost the run of himself, he appears to be under the impression that nobody else is entitled to a life or any respect, it's all about him and his immediate needs.

Dealt with it. Quite frankly if a key talent and major production of the BBC hired my entire hotel and additional services at great costs I would make damn sure that I provided what they wanted and when they wanted a little inconvenience can be put up with.

So they were a little inconsiderate and allegedly acted inappropriately (against a producer BTW, not the hotel staff). Big deal! Stars have diva demands. Its certainly not the worst demands and behaviour that I have heard some celebs get up to.

You deal with things in the hospitality and transport industry and charge accordingly. It seems to me from what I have read that the hotel management sorted it out. What did or didn't happen between Clarkson and Producer is a totally separate issue.

Dealt with it. Quite frankly if a key talent and major production of the BBC hired my entire hotel and additional services at great costs I would make damn sure that I provided what they wanted and when they wanted a little inconvenience can be put up with.

So they were a little inconsiderate and allegedly acted inappropriately (against a producer BTW, not the hotel staff). Big deal! Stars have diva demands. Its certainly not the worst demands and behaviour that I have heard some celebs get up to.

You deal with things in the hospitality and transport industry and charge accordingly. It seems to me from what I have read that the hotel management sorted it out. What did or didn't happen between Clarkson and Producer is a totally separate issue.

First of all, I have enormous respect for hospitality staff and always make a point of being polite to them.

As far as I'm concerned they are doing me a favour by working unsociable hours and allowing me to enjoy a good experience.

Secondly, the acceptance of the situation whereby 'celebrities' with their over inflated sense of entitlement should be tolerated is pitiful.

The Hotel, Restaurant, Bistro, Pub trade provides a level of service, you choose the level you require, you pay for it and you pay and act accordingly.

They are not your personal servants, they are people earning an honest living and due the respect and politeness that you would expect in return.

Obsequiousness is a pathetic attitude and has no place in the modern world.

Those who demand it are weak and inadequate people who need their egos massaged because deep inside they know how pathetic they really are.

The most impressive people - some of whom are extremely wealthy, some not so much - treat others as equals, they have no need to bolster their self esteem or confidence by acting like gits in their treatment of others.

Clarkson is an obnoxious prat who is under the impression that he matters in the whole scheme of things and isn't bright enough to realise that none of us matter so we might as well treat each other kindly.

Until such time as you have a real reason to take umbrage in which case headbutts and Ringsend uppercuts are quite in order.

I don't think he did support him.:

Mr Cameron said: 'I don't know what happened. Every organisation has to be able to be free to manage its talent and to say to people, "you can do this", or "you can't do that", so I don't want to interfere in the running of the BBC.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2988412/Top-Gear-s-Jeremy-Clarkson-suspended-BBC-fracas-producer.html#ixzz3U7Sx4T6I

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't think you can genuinely call that support can you?

I've only skimmed over the article, there's far too much about him on that DM page.

He obviously thrives on publicity that's why he says things to shock people (school boy antics).

I suppose he'll be delighted he's getting so much support, especially from David Cameron, but they're friends aren't they? so no surprise there.

I've only skimmed over the article, there's far too much about him on that DM page.

He obviously thrives on publicity that's why he says things to shock people (school boy antics).

I suppose he'll be delighted he's getting so much support, especially from David Cameron, but they're friends aren't they? so no surprise there.

He is a mate of his. He didn't however defend what he did. If you skimmed what the DM wrote, you may be forgiven for misunderstanding. Read the quotes. They are not supporting him.

The media has a habit of writing a story that they want to write and then putting in a few quotes - some true, some not - to give it credence and to bamboozle the uninterested or stupid.

Think about any situation you actually know about. Then read the media coverage of it. It is never accurate as to what happened and it is rarely true.

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 22:47 ----------

798,451 supporters

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 22:51 ----------

and those against:

24,255 :hihi: