NGH -Nurses/wards

Not a single soul should EVER have any reason to " have a go" at ANY of the nurses or doctors within the NHS, any one with any experience of any illness or urgent/long term care reqd will tell you,regardless of the time of day/ year, and regardless of the colour/creed/ religion of the professional they are all exactly that. professional.

So next time you get a bit upset you can't park, just consider that person may be monitoring a loved ones blood pressure, heart rate etc,EVERY 15mins and could save their lives.

These people are angels.

Just my personal experience, without the NHS I wouldn't be here.

agree nurses do a amazing job, and those in higher positions should get more of the stick , from time to time family members or visiters give nurses the stick

I think family members sometimes forget who is friend and foe when they have a loved one in hospital.

over the years I have been in many hospitals, in all the Sheffield hospitals I now go to the renal unit in the NGH 3 times a week and have been an in-patient many times in different departments, and I never ever been in a ward that was dirty, dusty or untidy. I have only the greatest respect for the nursing staff of all ranks, and the domestic staff who clean and dust our ward twice a day once a week all the beds are stripped and turned on there sides and given a real fettling. there will always be rubbish on floors in wards, with patients throwing sweet wrappers on the floor emty swab packet on the floor but in general a very clean hospital x

I agree. The domestic staff I work with take great pride in their work and work very hard to maintain high standards.

I feel for those who scrub the corridors since it's a never ending and thankless task - especially when people can't be bothered to wipe their feet on the mats at the entrances - especially on snowy and icey days when there is grit around outside.

I can never understand why some people feel it's ok to drop rubbish on the corridors.

Daven, I contacted my local councillors today regarding the parking situation around the NGH.

PM me an email address if you'd like a copy.

As I alluded to in the winter megathread, I was taken ill on Sunday and went from A&E Blue Bay to a corridor for a long time, then Clinical Decisions Unit, Medical Assessment Unit and then finally a stint in Firth 1. The nurses everywhere were lovely (but obviously overrun in CDU) but the ones on Firth really helped me out, took the time to speak to me, give me practical solutions and allay my fears when I needed it.

The NHS is definitely being starved by the 'Tories - I didn't even get a pillow on my bed because there weren't any!!! But I made do with a rolled up blanket and got on with it, can't thank the nurses enough.

Radical action is needed to save the NHS, though. It is being privatised and run down. We need to see it not as a money making entity, but as a 100% service entity - and if we need to pay more for that, then let's do it. But none of the mainstream political parties can be trusted with it.

Don't forget, Ron's little reminders about who to thank! :hihi:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10908149&postcount=22

Not a single soul should EVER have any reason to " have a go" at ANY of the nurses or doctors within the NHS, any one with any experience of any illness or urgent/long term care reqd will tell you,regardless of the time of day/ year, and regardless of the colour/creed/ religion of the professional they are all exactly that. professional.

So next time you get a bit upset you can't park, just consider that person may be monitoring a loved ones blood pressure, heart rate etc,EVERY 15mins and could save their lives.

These people are angels.

over the years I have been in many hospitals, in all the Sheffield hospitals I now go to the renal unit in the NGH 3 times a week and have been an in-patient many times in different departments, and I never ever been in a ward that was dirty, dusty or untidy. I have only the greatest respect for the nursing staff of all ranks, and the domestic staff who clean and dust our ward twice a day once a week all the beds are stripped and turned on there sides and given a real fettling. there will always be rubbish on floors in wards, with patients throwing sweet wrappers on the floor emty swab packet on the floor but in general a very clean hospital x

I agree. The domestic staff I work with take great pride in their work and work very hard to maintain high standards.

I feel for those who scrub the corridors since it's a never ending and thankless task - especially when people can't be bothered to wipe their feet on the mats at the entrances - especially on snowy and icey days when there is grit around outside.

I can never understand why some people feel it's ok to drop rubbish on the corridors.

As I alluded to in the winter megathread, I was taken ill on Sunday and went from A&E Blue Bay to a corridor for a long time, then Clinical Decisions Unit, Medical Assessment Unit and then finally a stint in Firth 1. The nurses everywhere were lovely (but obviously overrun in CDU) but the ones on Firth really helped me out, took the time to speak to me, give me practical solutions and allay my fears when I needed it.

The NHS is definitely being starved by the 'Tories - I didn't even get a pillow on my bed because there weren't any!!! But I made do with a rolled up blanket and got on with it, can't thank the nurses enough.

Radical action is needed to save the NHS, though. It is being privatised and run down. We need to see it not as a money making entity, but as a 100% service entity - and if we need to pay more for that, then let's do it. But none of the mainstream political parties can be trusted with it.

So just to clarify, most of you were treated/cured and the overall experience was good. So the NHS is working well and has been safe in the coalition's hands?

Or are you saying the NHS is awful and you were poorly treated?

So just to clarify, most of you were treated/cured and the overall experience was good. So the NHS is working well and has been safe in the coalition's hands?

Or are you saying the NHS is awful and you were poorly treated?

I'm saying I had to lie on a bed in a corridor half naked surrounded by other very ill people and tens of passers by per hour before being shunted about to wherever they could get me a bed, without a pillow! I also went 24 hours without eating until I approached a very busy nurse (twice) to ask whether I was going to be allowed to eat.

The NHS is NOT functioning normally. The staff however, were friendly and wonderful and tried to help wherever they could.

Is that clear enough?

The NHS is being run into the ground ON PURPOSE by the government in order to make privatisation easier. Who stands to benefit from this?

The NHS is being run into the ground ON PURPOSE by the government in order to make privatisation easier. Who stands to benefit from this?

Indeed, they are having so many patients hanging about on trolleys they have his and hers corridors. Terrible.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1338551/Revealed-the-NHS-scandal-of-his-and-hers-trolley-corridors.html

Oh wait, that was in 2001.

I think family members sometimes forget who is friend and foe when they have a loved one in hospital.

deffo agree with you:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 00:10 ----------

These people are angels.

great post again:thumbsup:

I'm saying I had to lie on a bed in a corridor half naked surrounded by other very ill people and tens of passers by per hour before being shunted about to wherever they could get me a bed, without a pillow! I also went 24 hours without eating until I approached a very busy nurse (twice) to ask whether I was going to be allowed to eat.

The NHS is NOT functioning normally. The staff however, were friendly and wonderful and tried to help wherever they could.

Is that clear enough?

Would you be able to tell me when it was that this happened and what ailment you had. I understand the latter is personal and you may not want to.