Man spotted taking photos of children graves park

I assume I'm allowed to put this on here...

Me and my family was on the park next to the café at graves park today..

My partner spotted a man what looked like he was directing the camera straight at my little one...

Simply asked him what he what taking photos off and replied I'm a defensive manner. .snow scenes...

So I said in that case you won't mind showing me then...got very defensive and ran off.....

Looked about late 40s early 50s..

Glasses wooly hat...dark jacket.

I know description isn't that good but wanted to let people know because it's bothering me that I didn't take it further and make sure he didn't have photos of my youngsters

I'm glad I'm a woman and therefore less likely to get grief from paranoid parents when taking photos in a public place.

I'm not surprised he made himself scarce when you demanded to see the photos he'd taken; it's likely he didn't want an ugly confrontation. If everyone had this overly-protective attitude we'd never see photos of outdoor scenes that include images of children playing.

My partner spotted a man what looked like he was directing the camera straight at my little one...

Simply asked him what he what taking photos off and replied I'm a defensive manner. .snow scenes...

So I said in that case you won't mind showing me then...got very defensive and ran off.....

I know description isn't that good but wanted to let people know because it's bothering me that I didn't take it further and make sure he didn't have photos of my youngsters

And you reported this to the police, yes?

i assume i'm allowed to put this on here...

Simply asked him what he what taking photos off and replied i'm a defensive manner. .snow scenes...

So i said in that case you won't mind showing me then...got very defensive and ran off.....

I know description isn't that good but wanted to let people know because it's bothering me that i didn't take it further and make sure he didn't have photos of my youngsters

burn him!!!!!!!

Public place so he's legally entitled to take photos, more than likely there's was nothing to it, he was probably more concerned for his own welfare, some people don't do confrontation well, if it had been me, I would have shown you unless I felt you were a bell ender then I may have wound you up but that's just me :D

However If you think otherwise log it with the non emergency line, if there is someone on the register that fits that description they most likely know and have intellegence on them.

I take it in this weather your kid was dressed appropriately, so would be well covered, unless he was really close or had a huge lense on it unlikely your child will have been a major focal point of a photo.

Edited by Beechwood_S6

He was 5 meters away from my 5 year old and pointed straight at him.. I wouldn't have approached him if it wasn't neccasary...

Been logged with police also

---------- Post added 01-02-2015 at 21:36 ----------

Exactly you would apologise and shoe the person... I would..

Plenty of lovely snow scenes up there without directing them at children I don't care what weather it is!!

Next time you see a person taking a picture of anything be sure to go up to them and ask to see their picture folder. See if they say im a defensive manner too.

I was filming a scene in Sheffield, maybe 50 yards from some parked cars. As I walked passed them after, a man rolled down his window and asked why I was videoing him. I explained my reasons, I was making

, but he didn't seem too happy.

It is a paranoid society we live in today.

not read any of the other comment but please report this to the police , there are a number of men which hang around up there which local police would be interested in , so please report asap

Keep it civil please.

Plenty of lovely snow scenes up there without directing them at children I don't care what weather it is!!

It's a photo of wrapped-up kids playing in the snow. I can't comprehend why you're worried about that. God forbid any lone male photographer takes a photo of a beach in the summer; there must be frothing parents waiting to smash his camera if his photos include some of kids playing in the sea.

What exactly were you concerned about - did you think the camera would steal your child's soul?