Katie price and taxpayer funded travel costs

Hate the woman, but if she's paid her taxes, she is entitled to the help.

I like the women and would agree if that applied to everyone, but it does not so I disagree. Saving prevent some people getting state benefits, they are expected to spend their saving before getting any state help even if they have paid millions into the system.

I like the women and would agree if that applied to everyone, but it does not so I disagree. Saving prevent some people getting state benefits, they are expected to spend their saving before getting any state help even if they have paid millions into the system.

You are talking about top up benefits and temporary benefits. Its not the same. Of course they should be means tested and of course there should be consideration to what assets/savings people had. Im sure if Katie Price wanted to apply for tax credits or housing benefit she would have the knock back.

We are talking about Disability Benefits. Disability benefits which are provided to people with life long chronic conditions. People who need support and assistance for the rest of their lives.

Not even in the same league.

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 18:50 ----------

Can we also get the record straight once and for all. I am sick of repeating it.

The benefit is not for Katie Price. Its for her son.

KP is not jumping into a taxi and getting the monies from taxpayers.

Its for Harvey. Specific monies for specific needs. Assessed, btw, each and every year by the social workers which surprise surprise is also capped/chopped/adjusted/removed as and when government decides.

Edited by ECCOnoob

You are talking about top up benefits and temporary benefits. Its not the same. Of course they should be means tested and of course there should be consideration to what assets/savings people had. Im sure if Katie Price wanted to apply for tax credits or housing benefit she would have the knock back.

We are talking about Disability Benefits. Disability benefits which are provided to people with life long chronic conditions. People who need support and assistance for the rest of their lives.

Not even in the same league.

I would prefer a system that treats all people equally, one in which no benefits are means tested or all benefits are means tested.

To me a non disable child living with parents on minimum wage needs more state help than a disabled child living with multimillionaire parents. Means testing simply means that the limited amount of money in government coffers goes to the people that need it the most.

Why is Katy Price entitled to this benefit then?

Can we also get the record straight once and for all. I am sick of repeating it.

The benefit is not for Katie Price. Its for her son.

If he did not get it she would pay for it, so in realty she is the one saving money by allowing the tax payer to foot the bill, she benefits from it by saving money, he does not benefits from it because she would pay anyway.

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 18:59 ----------

Why is Katy Price entitled to this benefit then?

Because the system says she is.

If he did not get it she would pay for it, so in realty she is the one saving money by allowing the tax payer to foot the bill, she benefits from it by saving money, he does not benefits from it because she would pay anyway.

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 18:59 ----------

Because the system says she is.

I wouldn't if she ever got her benefits stopped simply for being unemployed and forced to go hungry

Most benefits are means tested and this to me appears to be just another benefit which should be means tested. It is an excessive amount of money to spend on one person especially when some families are struggling to survive and relying on food banks.

Since when did Thatcher's flying monkeys care about those struggling to survive and relying on food banks? :huh:

Nice to see that the spirit of caring is alive in this one. What happened? Did the Ghost of Christmas Future pay you a visit last night?

Still focused on Katie?

Where is the criticism for Harvey's father?

I'm no fan of KP I think she makes her money and is focused but makes lots of choices I personally wouldn't.

I can't believe that she is being questioned about this.

Our prime minister claimed the same disability benefit when he was entitled.

Since when did Thatcher's flying monkeys care about those struggling to survive and relying on food banks? :huh:

Nice to see that the spirit of caring is alive in this one. What happened? Did the Ghost of Christmas Future pay you a visit last night?

Are you paying nearly half your earnings..........or money from other means into the economy?

Still focused on Katie?

Where is the criticism for Harvey's father?

I'm no fan of KP I think she makes her money and is focused but makes lots of choices I personally wouldn't.

I can't believe that she is being questioned about this.

Our prime minister claimed the same disability benefit when he was entitled.

quite right wheres the criticism of harveys dad in all this ?whys he also getting away with his responsibilities as a dad ? maybe if someone started a thread about dc claiming disability benefit then there would have been a discussion about it :suspect: