What a joke of a sentence for killing a child

mary70

It never ceases to amaze me on this forum what some people think is acceptable behaviour.I have seen quite a few users on this forum defending drink driving,using a mobile phone while driving,speeding.This idiot was drugged up speeding at twice the legal speed limit without a licence or insurance, that is not an accident it is an act of arrogance and extreme stupidity.The family now have a life sentence and so should he.I get the impression he will serve his sentence and carry on where he left off before with out a thought for the crime he committed.I have realised what a crazy country we live in where killing somebody carries sentences less than what others get for crimes that have not killed anybody.Murderers being let out back on the streets because apparently they have been "rehabilitated" makes me sick,once a murderer always a murderer.

It never ceases to amaze me on this forum what some people think is acceptable behaviour.I have seen quite a few users on this forum defending drink driving,using a mobile phone while driving,speeding.This idiot was drugged up speeding at twice the legal speed limit without a licence or insurance, that is not an accident it is an act of arrogance and extreme stupidity.The family now have a life sentence and so should he.I get the impression he will serve his sentence and carry on where he left off before with out a thought for the crime he committed.I have realised what a crazy country we live in where killing somebody carries sentences less than what others get for crimes that have not killed anybody.Murderers being let out back on the streets because apparently they have been "rehabilitated" makes me sick,once a murderer always a murderer.

too true it wasn't an accident

I'm not on the drivers side on this as it's a horrible accident but where the crossing is you can see right up the road so care should have been taken on either side. He was speeding so it was his fault but most of you on here can not say you have never gone over the speed limit. If there was a pool of darkness where the girls was crossing how could he see them until that split second her saw them and tried to avoid them. I saw the marks on the road where he skidded onto the opposite side of the road. Because he didn't have a licence or insurance that moment he wouldn't have thought straight and I said it before if he was ignoring what he had done he wouldn't have gone to the police as they had nothing on the driver. He could have walked away and the driver never have been found but he did hand himself in knowing he would go to prison. The fact he kept asking the officers to apologise to the family and was upset throughout the trail says to me he is remorseful. Some people do stupid things and can end up with tragic consequences like this but the people calling him a murderer is wrong. He never went out that day to kill someone. This could haunt him for the rest of his life, you never know. I feel for jasmyns family as I would never know what to do in this situation but justice has been done. People get off with less in other cases.

I'm not sure you know what 'accident' means.

Er something which could not have been avoided. Had he not got into the car illegally off his face the car would not have been in a place where he took a childs life.

Edited by denlin

Er something which could not have been avoided. Had he not got into the car illegally off his face the car would not have been in a place where he took a childs life.

No it isn't. It's something that happens unintentionally.

He wasn't off his face. He was an idiot, granted. But cocaine is unlikely to have made him "drunk". And he had it previously in the day. The effects apparently wear off within 1/2 an hour.

I hope people like you never get to serve on a jury. Needless to say you will never be in a position of authority. That isn't going to happen.

---------- Post added 01-02-2015 at 15:15 ----------

the star has been following the case

And yet you are unable to provide a link?

Well it's what happened in this particular case so if it wasn't an accident, what would you say it was?

---------- Post added 01-02-2015 at 18:11 ----------

Accident according to Collins dictionary:- an unforeseen event or one without an apparent cause. He intentionally got in car, drove at high speed, was on drugs and had he stayed at home then that young girl would still be alive. There was a cause, his unlawful actions

---------- Post added 01-02-2015 at 18:16 ----------

My idea of an accident would be if the driver was driving within the speed limit, had a licence, insurance and was not under the influence of an intoxicant. If someone had then stepped out into the road without looking then that would be an accident. None of that happened in this case