What a joke of a sentence for killing a child

Charmer. See this previous post. don't just read what you want to read.

It is constantly being reworked. By people much cleverer than us looking at the broad picture and taking responsible decisions for which they are held accountable. Not loudmouth "pub lawyers".

Also, what do you mean by high on drugs?

He had been taking drugs and I don't mean coffee or coca cola and I'd call anyone getting behind the wheel being in charge of a lethal weapon. ot to mention doing twice the legal limit in a built up area.

Edited by denlin

It is constantly being reworked. By people much cleverer than us looking at the broad picture and taking responsible decisions for which they are held accountable. Not loudmouth "pub lawyers".

How exactly are they "held accountable"? It seems to be a job for life, no matter how bad a mess they make of things. How often do we hear about ex-cons killing people? What kind of accountability do we get from the people responsible for freeing them?

How exactly are they "held accountable"? It seems to be a job for life, no matter how bad a mess they make of things. How often do we hear about ex-cons killing people? What kind of accountability do we get from the people responsible for freeing them?

I wish some of the people who think sentences are not too harsh for what should have been culpable homicide would like to explain to the families left devastated that the sentences aren't too lenient. I certainly wouldn't feel any better because the person who killed my child had said sorry.

In Manchester a few years ago the average price of car insurance for a young person was £5000. Are you telling me that on average, each young person was making £5000 worth of claims in a year?

I'm not telling you anything except what I said..you can do as much damage with a cheap car as an expensive one..maybe you can produce figures that back up the "excessive" profits that you mention..?

More recent prices

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/reports/2013/q1/car-insurance-age/

But I suppose it's really for a different thread...

Edited by truman

as far as I'm aware there is considerably less job security in being an mp than most jobs.

don't get me wrong, I agree with harsh but fair sentences. This sentence was both. Nothing is going to compensate this family for the loss of a child. 4 years in jail is a long time for a young man.

I've spent a day in custody when I was young. That was a long time.

I wish some of the people who think sentences are not too harsh for what should have been culpable homicide would like to explain to the families left devastated that the sentences aren't too lenient. I certainly wouldn't feel any better because the person who killed my child had said sorry.

Culpable homicide doesn't exist in England Denlin.

I will try explaining this to you again, the families of the bereaved are not the right people to consult as they will not be in a position to make an informed, educated and objective decision. Please stop banging this drum.

Isn't there somewhere that sentences can be reviewed regarding too lenient or too severe?

Culpable homicide doesn't exist in England Denlin.

I will try explaining this to you again, the families of the bereaved are not the right people to consult as they will not be in a position to make an informed, educated and objective decision. Please stop banging this drum.

It's informed, educated decisions that let people get away with crimes that deserve tougher sentences. The bereaved families should have, and i believe do have, a right to challenge a miscarriage of justice.

Isn't there somewhere that sentences can be reviewed regarding too lenient or too severe?

of course there is

. its called Sheffield forum :hihi:

It's informed, educated decisions that let people get away with crimes that deserve tougher sentences. The bereaved families should have, and i believe do have, a right to challenge a miscarriage of justice.

Are you advocating a criminal justice system based on uninformed uneducated decisions?

Please read these - if you don't agree with them contact your MP.

He pleaded guilty and as a result is entitled to credit for that plea (the ponyphile had a trial and lost) The rest is a matter for the Judge based on the facts as he finds

http://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/publications/item/causing-death-by-driving-definitive-guideline/

The Crown have the right of appeal by way of an Attorney Generals Reference