Snake Pass/Woodhead closures

Dunno why. If a road is closed on its entire length for all vehicles, I cant imagine the contractors are going to be chuffed when cyclists come along and attempt to travel the route, was merely an observation.

If past experience of closures is anything to go by it'll only be closed for 100m or so and they don't always work in the evenings. I've never had any problem with the contractors, just a cheery nod.

If you are cycling it remember its open to all vehicle as far as the snake inn and you do still get cars coming over the top despite the signs.

If it says that the road is closed then surely its closed. Maybe there is an enormous hole in the road that isnt safe to pass. Why take the risk of being turned away. Cycle into Derbyshire.

Well the road is open to all traffic up to the snake inn anyway and its not much further to the top from there. I understand the roadworks are on the other side as you drop down into Glossop. If I have to turn back then I will, it's not a big deal.

I went up to the Snake Pass Inn for lunch yesterday and i didnt see any roadworks but that was a Sunday. Might be different during the week.

May have been because the 31st May doesnt't fall between the 1-14 June, or at least it didn't the last time I looked.

Well the road is open to all traffic up to the snake inn anyway and its not much further to the top from there. I understand the roadworks are on the other side as you drop down into Glossop. If I have to turn back then I will, it's not a big deal.

Everything I've seen says it will be closed from A6013 (junction at the Ladybower reservoir) all the way to Hurst Road, which is on the East side of Glossop. Are you sure it's open as far as the snake inn ?

Everything I've seen says it will be closed from A6013 (junction at the Ladybower reservoir) all the way to Hurst Road, which is on the East side of Glossop. Are you sure it's open as far as the snake inn ?

When I have been crossing for work I could have sworn that the work is being carried out a good way past The Snake Inn. One particular sign nearer glossop said work being carried out here repairing walls? Based on what I saw I personally would have guess on The Snake Inn remaining open but don't quote me on it.

Well, given 99.99% of journeys on the Snake will be through journeys from the east side of Glossop to at least where Ladybower is, they are saying it is closed the entire length just for ease of explanation.

If you start saying it is partially open, you then start confusing idiots.