Does god get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders and murderers ?

Do you both not find it a little hypocritical that you claim not to believe in "religion" (but let's boil it down to the Christian God) but yet claim to know so much about the Bible?

Personally, I don't claim to be a muslim and it's for that reason I don't go around quoting the Qu'ran attempting to poke holes in it....

Not at all. How are you supposed to learn and understand what is true about reality without studying. You'll find many have studied various religions, theology and their histories - and it is one of the reasons why they became atheists if they weren't already.

Do you both not find it a little hypocritical that you claim not to believe in "religion" (but let's boil it down to the Christian God) but yet claim to know so much about the Bible?

Personally, I don't claim to be a muslim and it's for that reason I don't go around quoting the Qu'ran attempting to poke holes in it....

No again no-one is better than God. Because the world is sinful. 100%

I hate slavery, genocide, murder of children

I'm better than your god.

How about actually responding to what was said?

"According to the mythology then, Adam was 'perfect', like Jesus, before being tempted by the devil. Adam also had no knowledge of evil. If something is perfect in everyway, how can it become imperfect. For it to do so, it suggests there is a flaw in its design. God, giving Adam free-will, was the flaw. Your God messed up and blames his creation for his mess."

And

"SnailyBoy mentioned Slavery. And he's correct, Jesus did accept slavery, even comparing God to a slave master who beats his disobedient slaves with many stripes(Luke 12:47). The Bible is structured around the concept of Lord/Master & Servant/Slave. Lords/Masters punish their servants/slaves for not being "perfect" servants/slaves."

I did respond :

God is perfect, therefore him creating man was initially perfect (prior to the downfall of man). Y

You suggest that God is imperfect because of a claimed design-flaw in man. If this were true, God wouldn't be God because of his imperfection.

As mentioned, God is perfect. Therefore, the implied flaw design is incorrect.

Your second point boils down to my original question of why you think sin shouldn't be punished.

If a slave (servant whatever) disobeys their master, they get punished. Much in the same way if i do something out of line at work, I get a warning.

If I choose to sin, I receive the appropriate punishment. Assuming I do not ask for forgiveness. Why should God allow sin to go unpunished?

I did respond :

God is perfect, therefore him creating man was initially perfect (prior to the downfall of man). Y

You suggest that God is imperfect because of a claimed design-flaw in man. If this were true, God wouldn't be God because of his imperfection.

Your second point boils down to my original question of why you think sin shouldn't be punished.

If a slave (servant whatever) disobeys their master, they get punished. Much in the same way if i do something out of line at work, I get a warning.

If I choose to sin, I receive the appropriate punishment. Assuming I do not ask for forgiveness. Why should God allow sin to go unpunished?

Perfect by what standard?

Not at all. How are you supposed to learn and understand what is true about reality without studying. You'll find many have studied various religions, theology and their histories - and it is one of the reasons why they became atheists if they weren't already.

I'm assuming then that you have also studied the Qu'ran, Torah and various other varying religious material?

I'm better than your god.

If that's what you believe, all the best with that.

Perfect by what standard?

Him being the ultimate creator. It would be accepted that for something to be considered God, there is nothing above it and it invokes a sense of perfection. Otherwise it would not be considered Godly.

Edited by Delayed

Have you never said to your son or daughter , if you do this , this will happen as a result of what you do ? Many times I had to say to my boys if you run ahead you will fall over and hurt yourself , God loves us enough to warn us of what will be if we do the actions which take us away from God

God loves us so much he has given us such lovely things like cancers,ebola etc and lets babies suffer and die,a real loving god who is all powerful and knowing,yeah of course he is.

I did respond :

So according to you, your God purposely created them with the flaw so they could disobey him(remember when they disobeyed him they also had no knowledge of right or wrong.) It reeks of imperfection.

Also, how would a God, perfect in every way, even be capable of creating something less than itself - or capable of being marred in someway. If it is capable of being marred, it would mean it wasn't perfect in the first place.

So you agree then that the Bible condones slavery - and is structured around the concept of master and slave. What I find odd is why, someone who claims to know about their religion, didn't know that Jesus didn't have a problem with slavery. And that you had to ask an atheist to provide the verse.

And yes, I have studied the Quran in part, along with a few other religious texts.

Edited by Ryedo40

God loves us so much he has given us such lovely things like cancers,ebola etc and lets babies suffer and die,a real loving god who is all powerful and knowing,yeah of course he is.

Please, please, please stop using the same tired old arguments from 5 pages back.

Whilst disease is rampant throughout the world, it is also a tool used by Satan too.

And how about the all loving, powerful God that actually cures cancer? Like he did with my mum. Or the God that helps people detect cancer before it spreads.

Why does God only have to make an intervention when disease is in the final stages? Can God's intervention not come from other means?

And death is a natural part of life. If we didn't die, then we would essentially already be in Heaven with God.

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 22:55 ----------

So you agree then that the Bible condones slavery - and is structured around the concept of master and slave. What I find odd is why, someone who claims to know about their religion, didn't know that Jesus didn't have a problem with slavery. And that you had to ask an atheist to provide the verse.

I claim to know about my religion in moderation. I do not know the bible inside out, nor have I claimed to. I am still learning. Apologies for not coming across as all knowing like the people who actually claim not to believe in it.

:hihi:

Again, apologises for not knowing specifically what passage the original poster was referring to. But the bible is very large and has multiple verses with the same message. I asked an Atheist as to what verse he was specifically referring to, I'm not a mind reader.

Anyway, can't spend all night nit-picking. Afterall, none of us are theologists. I've got work to go to in the morning.

I'm sure you'll all be trying to pick a part the bible tomorrow but still unable to dis-prove the existence of God and yet Christian's will still go about their business as usual.

And yes, I have studied the Quran is part, along with a few other religious texts.

Didn't see that coming....:rolleyes: Interestingly, you don't seem to debate the non-existence of Allah in as much of the same way as Jesus/God. Food for thought

God Bless!

Edited by Delayed

Please, please, please stop using the same tired old arguments from 5 pages back.

Whilst disease is rampant throughout the world, it is also a tool used by Satan too.

And how about the all loving, powerful God that actually cures cancer? Like he did with my mum. Or the God that helps people detect cancer before it spreads.

Why does God only have to make an intervention when disease is in the final stages? Can God's intervention not come from other means?

And death is a natural part of life. If we didn't die, then we would essentially already be in Heaven with God.

So your answer to every question is goddidit, medical science has provided your mums cure,god and praying never cured anything.

I don't believe God gives us cancer, Ebola etc I believe these are the things we brought on ourselves because we live in a fallen world and have sin

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 23:07 ----------

So your answer to every question is goddidit, medical science has provided your mums cure,god and praying never cured anything.

Praying is entering into a relationship with God and asking for help , gaining peace in every situation

It was said that Heinrich Himmler repented and turned towards Jesus before he died. If his repentance was genuine, would have he got into heaven?
No, because there isn't a heaven to get into.

Medical science did not encourage my mum to go to the doctor when nothing was seemingly wrong. But because she did, the cancer was caught early and she is now fine. And I praise God for that. He answered my prayers when I sat next to my mum in hospital (petrified that she wasn't going to wake up after going under).

Miracles do happen whether you choose to put that down to divine intervention or chance. Hopefully one day you may not be relying on a miracle.