2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Is anymore snow due today? Not as much as fallen as i thought.

Yes!

A front is just crashing in as we speak that - although it has weakened on it's way up North from a few hours ago - is still capable of dropping enough snow in the next 2 hours to clog things up.

The worst of it is actually to our West as Glossop and Manchester are taking a real hammering but we've got about an hour or two of snow just hitting as we speak that will be as heavy as anything we had last night.

does anyone know if the 52 is running past asda and if it is getting through to crookes or only going to town/broomhill

Handsworth Asda? I've just come up Handsworth Road, easily passable but didn't see any 52's.

Set off to Manchester this morning, treacherous journey to m1 so came back home! (Quite a few idiots tailgating too...is it really necessary?!)

BBC travel used to be my main source of information with regards to which Pennine routes were open, my usual being the Woodhead Pass.

Since the site has been updated they don't seem to list these routes, I know the Snake has been closed, again, no mention of it on bbc travel.

I even checked the Highways Agency but there was no information available this morning pertaining to what was open/closed so I went the m1 way.

Quite a few times I've set off to find the Woodhead closed & had to come all the way back.

Does anyone know an up to date/live feed site which one could refer to before setting off?

I've just been out to clear my missus' car and I started with the back window, down the passenger side, front, drivers side and when I got to the back window again it was completely covered!

It has noticeably dropped in temperature and the snow is heavy enough to settle and add volume to what's already fallen.

It's going to be difficult in the next hour or two, keep safe everyone.