Will Sheffield united recover there name in football

For Heavens' sake can we let this be? Please? The PFA asked United to let him train. Trolls, bandwagon jumpers, feminists, people with images to protect - every body and their Grandma jumped on this as saw it as a reason to have a go. Similar to how people have a go at the other side of Sheffield for the Hillsborough disaster, and every thing else that can be dragged up to 'have a dig' at the other side. Please leave be. If CE clears his name I for one would be ecstatic. If he doesn't it is another episode that we all have to move on from. A heartfelt plea from me is - can we do that please?

I think this is the most sensible post I've read in a long time. People on here (Wednesday fans) I say shame on you if you won't choose to allow this to drop. People keep bringing this up to satisfy their own needs - and in some way seem to be getting a kick out of it, and to continually make themselves feel better, at the fact there doing indirect digs.

This is/was a very serious situation to happen, whereby people's lives are on show such as Ched Evans, and the woman.

Why can't people leave it? Yes it's a forum, yes it an opportunity for people to have their opinions - but there's a difference between an opinion and getting off on the fact it's big news for their city rivals.

The same could be said regarding the player who kicked the living daylights out of a person in a night-club - in an extremely violent way. And Wednesday took back a convicted, violent thug, who seems very nasty and wouldn't trust him not to do this again. Now why don't we talk about this? The reason - because I believe it shouldn't really be brought up - to get cheap digs/shots. He made a mistake (madine), paid for it and move on.

A digs a dig which ought to be taken lightly in football terms and not some one upmanship, cheap shot to get off on it.

Sorry, for me this is a indirect, desperate cheap dig to satisfy unfulfilled Wednesday fans.

Very poor and in some respects very irresponsible. Especially from my forum hero corker. Who I respect immensely.

I'm all for banter, digs and winding each other up in football terms where it's harmless. But this is an awful thread. I won't be saying anything else on this.

Edited by JonBladesman

Great post from Potlegs.

Usual garbage from Aaron plus trolling from Sibon, little wonder that numbers have dropped on this forum.

I think this is the most sensible post I've read in a long time. People on here (Wednesday fans) I say shame on you if you won't choose to allow this to drop. People keep bringing this up to satisfy their own needs - and in some way seem to be getting a kick out of it, and to continually make themselves feel better, at the fact there doing indirect digs.

This is/was a very serious situation to happen, whereby people's lives are on show such as Ched Evans, and the woman.

Why can't people leave it? Yes it's a forum, yes it an opportunity for people to have their opinions - but there's a difference between an opinion and getting off on the fact it's big news for their city rivals.

The same could be said regarding the player who kicked the living daylights out of a person in a night-club - in an extremely violent way. And Wednesday took back a convicted, violent thug, who seems very nasty and wouldn't trust him not to do this again. Now why don't we talk about this? The reason - because I believe it shouldn't really be brought up - to get cheap digs/shots. He made a mistake (madine), paid for it and move on.

A digs a dig which ought to be taken lightly in football terms and not some one upmanship, cheap shot to get off on it.

Sorry, for me this is a indirect, desperate cheap dig to satisfy unfulfilled Wednesday fans.

Very poor and in some respects very irresponsible. Especially from my forum hero corker. Who I respect immensely.

I'm all for banter, digs and winding each other up in football terms where it's harmless. But this is an awful thread. I won't be saying anything else on this.

Non of the Patrons who have resigned are Wednesdayites ... The MP who wrote an open letter to United isn't a Wednesdayite and the shirt sponsor who threatened to cancel sponsorship aren't Wednesdayites....#justsaying

But your right ... It's been done to death... Move on

Seriously? Your kidding or trolling right? :hihi:

A Sheffield Wednesday fan asking that about the Blades?

OK, I'll bite just to keep the fun going.

http://ccs.infospace.com/ClickHandler.ashx?ld=20141121&app=1&c=im.s1.uk.hp&s=ims1uk&rc=im.s1.uk&dc=&euip=2.125.146.6&pvaid=3fd6486a16ae493fad082f3ff5dab3b1&dt=Desktop&fct.uid=c8dcc62e7e824ee5bdbd6c1fe65f43ef&en=8VQDhNXFIEuKav5XXBQBxJa8QAj6%2ftpMxFSP2eFGBqI%3d&du=http%3a%2f%2fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2fsport%2ffootball%2farticle-2207199%2fSheffield-Wednesday-sought-compensation-lost-ticket-revenue-Hillsborough.html&ru=http%3a%2f%2fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2fsport%2ffootball%2farticle-2207199%2fSheffield-Wednesday-sought-compensation-lost-ticket-revenue-Hillsborough.html&ap=1&coi=239138&cop=main-title&npp=1&p=0&pp=0&ep=1&mid=9&hash=2A72201854AEB45CFCAD96D7431112BF

http://ccs.infospace.com/ClickHandler.ashx?ld=20141121&app=1&c=im.s1.uk.hp&s=ims1uk&rc=im.s1.uk&dc=&euip=2.125.146.6&pvaid=f82f9a05a9134df28d413cdf85d32007&dt=Desktop&fct.uid=c8dcc62e7e824ee5bdbd6c1fe65f43ef&en=8VQDhNXFIEuKav5XXBQBxJa8QAj6%2ftpMxFSP2eFGBqI%3d&du=http%3a%2f%2fwww.independent.co.uk%2fsport%2fsixties-scandal-that-shocked-the-game-1611646.html&ru=http%3a%2f%2fwww.independent.co.uk%2fsport%2fsixties-scandal-that-shocked-the-game-1611646.html&ap=3&coi=239138&cop=main-title&npp=3&p=0&pp=0&ep=3&mid=9&hash=1EC5865B9F82D0F767493A2A94CD29ED

Then of course we have the fact that Wednesday broke the financial fair play rules for which Swindon Town got relegated and got away with it.

So have you lot been able to "get the name of the club off the floor?"

Glass houses?

Gets popcorn, sits back. :)

you good :thumbsup:

lets be honest.mr Phipps statement hasn't helped.

lets be honest.mr Phipps statement hasn't helped.

Why do you hold that view?

I'm of the opinion that the statement has gone a long way to dispel the rumour mongering that has arisen around the facts.

Why do you hold that view?

Because, like Ched Evans, the club/chairman remain in denial about what they have done wrong.

Evans raped a woman he had never met before who was zonked out. He continues to maintain that a groan from someone in such a state constitutes consent and it doesn't. This verdict was confirmed by the jury at his trial who saw all the evidence, including the video taken by his sick brother and mate from the window.

Evans has not been rehabilitated and continues to promote an opinion that is both morally and legally wrong. For Phipps to be 'angry' that they have not been able to take the principled decision to help an unrepentant rapist because of 'mob rule' is absolutely pathetic. Everyone sees through the crap and all he has done is drag this out even further. What an idiot.

Because, like Ched Evans, the club/chairman remain in denial about what they have done wrong.

Evans raped a woman he had never met before who was zonked out. He continues to maintain that a groan from someone in such a state constitutes consent and it doesn't. This verdict was confirmed by the jury at his trial who saw all the evidence, including the video taken by his sick brother and mate from the window.

Evans has not been rehabilitated and continues to promote an opinion that is both morally and legally wrong. For Phipps to be 'angry' that they have not been able to take the principled decision to help an unrepentant rapist because of 'mob rule' is absolutely pathetic. Everyone sees through the crap and all he has done is drag this out even further. What an idiot.

So graphic it almost sounds like you were there

Anyway the baying pack of journalists and moral guardians now seemed to have moved on to Wigan, Deve Whelan & Malky McKay for which we can be thankful

Couple of questions for you as you appear convinced of the certainty of your opinion.

Has the victim ever accused Evans of raping her?

Has Evans ever said that he raped her?

My views on Evans have been stated previously, he is an obnoxious immoral scumbag, but neither of those traits land you in jail.

To require someone to express remorse for an act they have always denied is illogical to a ridiculous degree.

SUFC are giving someone that they have spoken to - together with his lawyer - the benefit of the doubt.

Obviously, that option isn't open to the self appointed sanctimonious guardians of all our morals.

Be careful when you get down off that high horse. :)

Couple of questions for you as you appear convinced of the certainty of your opinion.

Has the victim ever accused Evans of raping her?

Has Evans ever said that he raped her?

My views on Evans have been stated previously, he is an obnoxious immoral scumbag, but neither of those traits land you in jail.

To require someone to express remorse for an act they have always denied is illogical to a ridiculous degree.

SUFC are giving someone that they have spoken to - together with his lawyer - the benefit of the doubt.

Obviously, that option isn't open to the self appointed sanctimonious guardians of all our morals.

Be careful when you get down off that high horse. :)

Maybe Evans could recognise that: Even though he is claiming that he didn't brake the law by raping the women in question, he acknowledges that his actions dropped far far below those expected of someone in his position.

So he could still apologise to all those effected by the situation brought about by him acting like, as you put it, an immoral scumbag, and he recognises the error of his actions.

It's also worth noting that not many employers would even consider taking back one of their employees after he got a conviction for rape, and even less would say yes to a request from the convicted rapist's union to a spot of work experience to help their rehabilitation.