Where can I get a real Christmas tree (2014)

For anyone looking for a quality christmas tree like I was this weekend,poppys florist in beauchief are really good and are offering premium nordman trees at very good deals cheaper than all local supermarkets and even offer free delivery in the local area! Really pleased with the 6ft tree I've got from there highly recommended. :)

Morrisons ecclesfield had loads last night

Morrisons at Hillsborough have a bagging service so you can see what it looks like before it gets netted

hi

does anyone have any reccomendations on where i could buy a real christmas tree and have it delivered to the sheffield s35 area?

only one i have found so far is b and q and the only ones they will deliver are about £50 for the tree!

thanks

You could rent a potted living tree from us at Heeley City Farm; £25 to rent over the Christmas period. We have over 40 to choose from, you pick which one you want and reserve it (you can do that now) and then pay and collect from the date of the Winter Fayre on Sat 13th December. We give out care instructions, you bring back after Christmas and we then look after them for the year to rent out again next year! It saves chopping down trees and then having to dispose of them afterwards. And you don't get needle drop as they are alive :)

I don't "do" Christmas and would never buy a tree , I prefer to see the trees in the woods , but , for those people that do like to to vandalise the countryside for a couple of weeks of " Tradition " , then this scheme is a great idea .:thumbsup:

hi

does anyone have any reccomendations on where i could buy a real christmas tree and have it delivered to the sheffield s35 area?

only one i have found so far is b and q and the only ones they will deliver are about £50 for the tree!

thanks

It would have to be somewhere very nearby to avoid a delivery charge. The bigger the tree the more likely you'll be able to get free delivery. Under £50 will not be economic for the retailer unless they have a lot to go out in the same direction, and at the same time. Most people collect their trees so that may be unlikely. It's amazing to see how large trees can be transported in, or on, small cars.

Morning folks. We are off to buy our xmas tree this morning. We usually buy from eccy saw mill, but are on a budget this year.

Does anybody know anywhere a bit cheaper?

Thanks in advance,

Max.

Morning folks. We are off to buy our xmas tree this morning. We usually buy from eccy saw mill, but are on a budget this year.

Does anybody know anywhere a bit cheaper?

Thanks in advance,

Max.

We went to the farmers market yesterday at Nether edge , and picked a 6 Foot Nordman Pine for £35.00 , from a house just down the road from us on Sheldon Rd .

The grocers and supermarkets are all an tenner or more for the same tree. Only problem was , is they didnt have a netting machine , but they did offer to deliver but I only live up the road so I carried it.

We asked if they were just selling them because it was market day , but they said they'll keep selling them until they run out .

The smell this morning when we got up was so lovely :D

We went to the farmers market yesterday at Nether edge , and picked a 6 Foot Nordman Pine for £35.00 , from a house just down the road from us on Sheldon Rd .

The grocers and supermarkets are all an tenner or more for the same tree. Only problem was , is they didnt have a netting machine , but they did offer to deliver but I only live up the road so I carried it.

We asked if they were just selling them because it was market day , but they said they'll keep selling them until they run out .

The smell this morning when we got up was so lovely :D

Many thanks for that! We just nipped up to the big morrisons on norton and managed to get an 8ft nordman for £43!! They have cheaper ones, the chap said it was a different supplier, well pleased :)

Many thanks for that! We just nipped up to the big morrisons on norton and managed to get an 8ft nordman for £43!! They have cheaper ones, the chap said it was a different supplier, well pleased :)

Flippineck , thats cheap .... Nice One :thumbsup:

All good tree sellers, like the National Trust at Longshaw, display all their trees so you can see exactly what you're buying. Netted trees are supplied on pallets from growers or wholesalers and will have been cut several weeks before retail purchase. Compression in transit may cause damage. Once the netting is released you can see the balance of the tree. That means the retailer has to offer a netting service as that's the only way practical you're going to get a larger tree home. Retailers of larger trees have to offer a delivery service.

I remember my dad bringing our tree home on the bus each year, tied up with string. I thought it was massive because it almost touched the ceiling. When clearing old family papers I found a photo. He'd put it in a pot on a table to get it that high. Our children had floor to ceiling trees every year on the strength of my flawed memory! I thought he'd done well to get a tree that size on the bus.

I understand Longshaw will be clearing a corner of their nursery this year and may be open to offers on trees from those areas. Their Norway Spruce can be cut or dug up on the spot so are fresher than anything you can buy in a shop.

Homebase have some small trees at half price, £10 each. They are all under 1.3m so they maybe too small for a lot of people but a bargain regardless!